Honored Contributor

Re: Could the hosts exercise a disciplined approaches to their presentations?

Get rid of all the hosts.  They serve no useful function.  Main reason I rarely watch anymore.  That and spending endless time on a simple product.  More items, fewer hosts.

Trusted Contributor

@Foxxee  Especially if you don't do any show prep.  Woman Wink

Regular Contributor

From my perspective, it is never a good idea to have two hosts working together. Maybe to some the silliness is "just having some fun" but when their "job" is to present product information all the silliness is just a distraction.  It's a distraction from their lack of preparation for their shows and minimal understanding of the products they are presenting.

Honored Contributor

This may have already been mentioned,but I do not think it is the hosts. I think the big Kahunas are the ones that dictate the presentations.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

This may have already been mentioned,but I do not think it is the hosts. I think the big Kahunas are the ones that dictate the presentations.

@Group 5 minus 1  I agree. I think they want the hosts to play like they're at one big happy party with us attending.

Honored Contributor

If it's fun we will buy more.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some of these very seasoned hosts are the most annoying.  And where did this 2 show host come from?  Don't order as much anymore,these people are not giving you any info, if I want to purchase something, I go online. I rarely watch anymore, can't deal with the nonsense.

Honored Contributor

What about the other night when the poor BOSE man was there and Jennifer had the darkest red lipstick I ever seen on looked like Bette Davis in whatever happened to Baby Jane. Her and Kierstan got up started doing the watusi and poor Bose man just sit there with a pained expression on face.

I think the holiday cookies had a magic ingredient in them

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The wilder & louder the hosts act and sound, the more my Spidey Sense goes up that it's all a distraction to keep me from learning important details.  So many times, I stop and think what they are not saying about the product.  All that loud laughing to buy 3 or 4 of something, is such an old/worn sales tactic.   That "call to action" to don't think about it, just buy it, doesn't work for me.  It's a dead give-away to why I should not buy it.  That's when I turn it off immediately. 

I either search on QVC's website about the product, or search on another retailer's site.  Odds are, I'll find something similar or even better at another retailer.  

Last week there was a Dooney show and a lot of Florentine leather bags.  I couldn't take the host's presentations another minute.  I looked at Dooney's own website and bought an exact same Florentine satchel that QVC had at a sale price.  But I got the handbag for $100 less because Dooney was also having a sale the same day! Nothing to sneeze at -- $100 less.  My very first Florentine Dooney.  

Honored Contributor

The CEO calls it entertainment. The CEO mentions it in every quarterly report. I call it immature and disrespectful to viewers who want to know details about products.

Hosts are not my friends or acquaintances. I don't want to hear their personal stories or about their trips, kids, partners, animals, etc. I don't want to watch them act like children. I don't watch much anymore because of the antics and useless chatter.

Q's quarterly reports have been lousy. One would think they'd want to do things to improve them.