Contributor

Could the hosts exercise a disciplined approaches to their presentations?

I was thinking about purchasing a few of the America and beyond beaded bags for my daughters and granddaughters.  the hosts cackled on about how obsessed they were; they told stories; and the wondered aloud how they would show all the letters in the alphabet.  Between the OAP and two hosts it never accorded to them to simply lift each one up. Since the colors are predetermined by letter that would have been helpful.  Yes, when I went to the website I could then see if I liked the assigned color.  But it made me wonder, why are they there?!   20 minutes of laughing and giggling, but never opening the larger pouch to show the inside - which is also not on the website.  Frustrating QVC!

Honored Contributor

Re: Could the hosts exercise a disciplined approaches to their presentations?

@lil punkit    QVC doesn't make it easy to spend your money there, do they?  Sometimes its just not worth the effort or aggravation.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I fault their producers too.  Aren't they supposed to keep hosts on track?  Of course, then, maybe fooling around is more important than describing the entire handbag.  

Valued Contributor

@lil punkit  I know what you mean, I was looking at that too and was thinking about purchasing a couple for gifts and then they stated talking about stuffing the bags with something and making them pillows and placing them all over their house.  I turned the channel and now I am watching The Wizard of Oz..... LOL!

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 

You nailed it!  And if we're not spending money, they're not making money.  Just not good business.

Super Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I fault their producers too.  Aren't they supposed to keep hosts on track?  Of course, then, maybe fooling around is more important than describing the entire handbag.  

Fooling around, telling stories (lies), screeching, giggling like a 7th graders, omitting pertinent information that the potential customer needs to decide on a purchase...all of that is a substitute for NOT doing the job they're being paid to do.  But, apparently they seem to be in a popularity contest amongst themselves.  There are only a handful I can truly listen to and watch.  I don't need to be entertained while I'm shopping, I want to be an informed customer. 

Feigned enthusiasm/Manufactured excitement is what they offer.

Esteemed Contributor

@lil punkit 

Thats to bad as they are really nice bags.  I bought one in May with two pouches and am very happy with it.  Right now it's collecting all the small gifts I have to wrap.  It's a large bag and so sparkly!  They still have a variety.

Respected Contributor

The more seasoned hosts are better at showing the products.  The very new ones need to practice more.

Honored Contributor

I purchased directly from their site.

Respected Contributor

@lil punkit   I agree, I was watching a demonstration online  and was interested in one of Isaac's scarves, and the color was hanging there on the rack they always use, so you get about a 4" view of the pattern, but she never took it out so I could see the pattern, and spent her time with one color.  Missed a sale.

......You look like I need a drink.....