Trusted Contributor

Re: Convince me -- LUG crossbody for my European Trip? Worth it?

[ Edited ]

I take the lug flyer on every trip. I think it’s the perfect size and it lays flat against your body. Biggest compartment works for passport, place it in the tote I carry on board. My last trip my room didn’t have a safe so I strapped it around my waist  when I took a run and it was totally unobtrusive. Highly recommend and I got the same color as my lug tote!  

PS I own travelon and lug... both fine but lug quality is superior (at least on the ones I own) 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another vote for Travelon. I just like the styling better. And own a couple of different style anti theft bags.

Honored Contributor

I can't convince you because I have never seen one that I liked.

Honored Contributor

Don't know what the price of the Lug is but I love Baggalinni crossbodies.  They are often in TJ Maxx or Marshalls for $30-$40.

Been to Norway a couple of times on cruises.  Try to go to the "sculpture" garden in Oslo.  Quite unusual.

Trusted Contributor

@Georgiagrama  I also have a Travelon RFID crossbody bag and love it. 

Respected Contributor

@trumansmom   I recommend the Travelon bag that can't be easily cut off from you.  Apparently, there is a lot of theft of items (pickpockets, etc so I've been told) so for the tour of Europe that I'm planning on taking in the fall, I'm getting a travelon.  I see that they have them at Kohls and go on sale quite often. 

Going to get a crossbody as soon as I decide what size I need. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Frequent Contributor

I travel either with my Travelon crossbody purse or my Pacsafe small compact backpack.  I am 62 and travel internationally too.  Both brands are known for anti-theft protection and Lug is not know for that.  I would choose either one although Pacsafe is a little more expensive.

You can find either with many, many options on Amazon.  I am not sure of the stock of Travelon on QVC.

Super Contributor

When I travel I carry a Travelon. Lug is a bit heavier and at my age of 68 I do not care to carry too much.

When I was lookiing for a bag, I took everything I would be carrying in it with me to the store. I then would put it all in a bag I liked and made sure I could ease my hand in it.  I don’t like trying to stuff my hands into a too small bag.

Passport, sun glasses and it’s case, lipstick,money holder, tickets, etc. If it fits in and is easy to access, and is safe, I am happy.

Travelon meets my requirements

I don’t carry water bottles, too heavy. 

Have a wonderful time!

Don’t forget to carry a few band aides!

Valued Contributor

I have both Lug and Travelon. Travelon is my crossbody of choice for travel because of the zipper locks and other safety features. 

Regular Contributor

Check out the Tom Bhin bags made in Seattle if I remember correctly.

i used a crossbody when we went to Italy n 2006 and I still use it as my go-to travel bag. 

Looks brand new.