Respected Contributor

Re: Convince me -- LUG crossbody for my European Trip? Worth it?

Norway is a very safe country, you do not need the ugly belt. Just get some nice, neutral color nylon ( light weight) cross body bag and the end of the story.  Enjoy your trip!

I am going to Portugal in June and taking my black nylon crossbody bag  and my cheap travel gold clutch for evenings.

Frequent Contributor

I just spent a month in Asia and carried that Lug bag every single day. Light, organized, and attractive. One of my best purchases ever (and I have a lot of bags!)

Trusted Contributor

@trumansmom  I don't know anything about pickpockets in Norway. I have several (probably too many) Lug bags and use them nearly every day. But when I went to Italy, I found a great Travelon bag from eBags that was a medium-sized crossbody that fit my DSLR and everything else I needed for a day of sightseeing. It kept me from carrying a big camera case and letting everyone know that I had a nice camera on me. You have to really be careful about pickpockets in Italy, and maybe Norway isn't as bad. I felt a lot more comfortable having the locking zippers and wire mesh. Even one of our local guides said that she had her wallet stolen in Florence! If you're going to crowded areas, it's better to be safe so that you can enjoy the sights instead of focusing on your belongings.

Have a great trip!

Honored Contributor

I went to Central and South America this last fall.  I carried an RFID crossbody.  I felt a little better knowing my things were protected and there were clips to lock each zipper.

Super Contributor

I have 3 of the Carousel plus several other designs.  I call them my  "clown car" bags---seems like when you empty them things just keep coming out!  They surely fit much more than you can imagine.  I also wash mine in the washer on gentle and hang to dry after each vacation---or after carried a while.  They turn out great.