Highlighted
New Contributor

Convince me -- LUG crossbody for my European Trip? Worth it?

I am going on my dream trip to Norway in July. I am eyeing the LUG crossbody with Belt bag option. Seems lightweight but roomy for passport etc. I don't want to look too cutesty with a print -- I am 60 years old. Convince me that this is the way to go... or should I buy a less expensive bag from Wal-Mart or somewhere else. Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Convince me -- LUG crossbody for my European Trip? Worth it?

@trumansmom 

I never travel without my Travelon RFID protected bag and wallet. I just purchased one as a gift from Amazon like they used to sell here at QVC for my friend who is traveling to Italy this fall.  The one I purchased is lightweight, has lots of compartments and had a secure shoulder strap that supposedly cannot be easily cut.  I love mine and my friend loves her gift.  

You can't be too careful.

Honored Contributor

If you're looking at the Carousel, I just sent mine back.  If you're only going to carry very minimal things, it would probably work for you, but I found it too difficult to get things in and out of once filled.  (And I'm not talking about stuffing it; I was trying to downsize.)

It is RFID protected though, so for traveling that is probably a good idea.  A lot of people seem to love this bag and it is well-made.  It just wasn't for me.

And congratulations on your upcoming trip!

Occasional Contributor

I would also go with the Travelon. IMO they are more durable than Lug. The zippers work well.. Travelon has more features for secure travel. 

Esteemed Contributor

I now have 3 of the LUG carousel cross body/belt bags.  I would never wear it as a belt bag though.  I have walnut, black with stars on it, and the one with pink flamingos that was a recent TSV.

I LOVE these bags and always use them when I travel.  They are the perfect size for everything that I need.  They are easy to get in and out of and I feel that everything is secure.

I have also purchased one of the LUG backpacks and it is by far the best backpack I have ever owned.  Tons of pockets and it holds a lot.  I have put a lot of heavy stuff in there and it holds up perfectly.

Have fun in Norway.  I recently went to Iceland and I loved every second of it.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Frequent Contributor

Sounds like it's going to be a great trip! I own a Lug bag and like it but I really love my Travelon bags. I own 3 and they are really great. i got mine on amazon. Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

recently purchased the lug sling bag called ARCHER.

it is the perfect size for my needs.

nice organization for a small bag and not bulky at all.

the nylon material makes it very easy to care for.

i purchased it in the aloha navy print. i am headed to hawaii at the end of may.

i will also be taking a simpler dooney pouchette crossbody bag.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I’ve been carrying Lug bags since they first came to the Q.  For the past year I’ve been carrying the Lug Flapper which has a water bottle holder on the side. Just that feature is worth it to me. I haven’t looked at less expensive bag options at Walmart or elsewhere so I’m not sure what they have.  I think the Lug bags are well made and last a long time (and I’m hard on my bags) and they are lightweight.  But I guess you’ll have to check your options and decide.  Have a great trip!

New Contributor

Thank you -- great info!

Trusted Contributor

If you are traveling use a Travelon or a bag like it.  Please consider bags that have locking zippers, slash proof and also have wires in the straps to make them slash proof.  This is one time you do not want to lose your wallet or passport.  

Enjoy your trip, it sounds wonderful.