Respected Contributor

Re: Confession: I just went on a HANDBAG BINGE because ...

@1Snickers wrote:

My Mother said: “If you wear nice shoes and handbags you will look well dressed”.

I’m currently cleaning closets and getting rid of purses. But not the Italian ones,

=================================

I've gotten rid of most of my tacky looking ones;  the ones I thought were leather, but over the years started "peeling" ... looks like cardboard.  LOL!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

I rarely go with non-leather bags though I've seen a few that look ok.  I will spend $200 or so on a bag and use it for many years.  My current bag is a 5 year old Brahmin so actually cost me just $40 per year for a nice, well made, leather bag.  

I do need a new spring/summer bag but am not finding what I want.  I'll keep looking.  

Respected Contributor

Wear what makes you happy!   I prefer well made good  leather handbags in classic styles and every color of the rainbow.    Others like bag charms.  Some prefer designer handbags made of coated canvas decorated with the designer initials.  Some like patterned handbags in leather or fabric.   Some like bling on their handbags. Each to their own.

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

(A "real" leather handbag binge)  . because ...

Cheap handbags look bad.

@RinaRina 

In my experience, there are leather and non-leather bags that look bad. And leather and non-leather bags that look amazing. It all depends on the bag. 

I have good quality leather and non-leather (AKA vegan leather) bags. I need some bags that I don’t have to worry about during rainy season! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Because I felt like it! Ha!

Yes, they were leather Actually, my binge was two very nice bags. But if you count from December, I think it was five. All sale prices.

Yes, I know if I added it all up....

What can I say? I get bored and exercised a woman's perogative!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

As did I. I purchased 4 handbags in 1 week: a denim, a bright coral beaded on (perfect for summer) and a silver metellic. Love them all and can't wait to use them.

Contributor

Spoiler

that is so trueHeart i have seen women ' girls in clothes some of us feel uncomfortble waering in public Smiley LOL but' they had a nice designer bag !! 

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I rarely go with non-leather bags though I've seen a few that look ok.  I will spend $200 or so on a bag and use it for many years.  My current bag is a 5 year old Brahmin so actually cost me just $40 per year for a nice, well made, leather bag.  

I do need a new spring/summer bag but am not finding what I want.  I'll keep looking.  

@CalminHeart 

I also think the "cost per wearing" (or cost per year) is an important consideration.   Leather generally wears much better than the cheaper "pleather" bags.   

Years ago, I admired a beautiful Furla bag at Nordstrom's for $600 .....  and bought the same one on Ebay a few months later for $120.   I have carried it intermittently for more than a decade.  Leather lasts.