Respected Contributor

Confession: I just went on a HANDBAG BINGE because ...

(A "real" leather handbag binge)  . because ...

Cheap handbags look bad.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Re: Confession: I just went on a HANDBAG BINGE because ...

[ Edited ]

@RinaRina ....I'm thinking not all nonleather handbags look cheap in fact some nonleather handbags are downright luxe and expensive (i.e., a fav is Stella McCartney).  My middle-of-the-road preference is MZ Wallace. Bagallini, Sportsac, and Kipling are not only very reasonable and functional, but can be downright cute! Check these out just for fun!

Tfhe point is that you don't have to spend a million to look like a million!

Esteemed Contributor

My Mother said: “If you wear nice shoes and handbags you will look well dressed”.

When in Italy we went to the leather school in Florence. They make beautiful bags in lamb leather. They put your initials on them stamped in real gold and the hardwear is gold plated. Or real depending on what you want to pay.

We also had gloves made to fit our hands delivered to our hotel.

I’m currently cleaning closets and getting rid of purses. But not the Italian ones,

Honored Contributor

Too bad if I look "cheap".     I have a bad shoulder, and carry only microfiber bags because they weigh next to nothing.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

My mom said almost the same thing. Even if your outfit is inexpensive, a good bag and shoes makes you look like a million. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

(A "real" leather handbag binge)  . because ...

Cheap handbags look bad.

You sound like a 'purse snob.'  And I guess I carry cheap handbags in your world.

Trusted Contributor

I do not like plastic/faux leather/pleather (whatever) handbags.  I just don't care for the texture of them.  I prefer a leather or a fabric bag.  Usually I carry a leather purse in the fall/winter/spring and a fabric bag in the summer.  This is just my personal preference and I certainly don't push my opinion on others.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

My mom said almost the same thing. Even if your outfit is inexpensive, a good bag and shoes makes you look like a million. 

I found that out LATE in life.

First, I went on shoe binge.  Then, ... the purses ...

OMG!  What a difference!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

My Mother said: “If you wear nice shoes and handbags you will look well dressed”.

@1Snickers  .....  I appreciate the sentiment, but my feet have to be comfortable!  LOL

Honored Contributor

Bags are like people, there are nice ones to be found in every category... I prefer leather bags, but there are some great looking non-leather bags out there...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...