Honored Contributor

Re: Color Of Your Basic Summer Handbag?

I have a champagne color purse--not metallic just that soft tannish beige color. but it is rather big and am looking for a smaller one---think it is from baggalini, not into the multi color  or neon pop of color, just a lighter color but not white or cream. 

Respected Contributor

Black.  I have thought of changing out from black, but somehow, that just never happens.  I have other options in optic white, opalescent white, light pink, purple, navy, turquoise, red, brown, and multicolored (I believe the word is color-blocked) bags that do not get any use at all. It's kind of sad, actually, because I truly love handbags. I think I will need to do something about that and force myself to wear at least a couple of different bags this week. On a positive note, at least I am not purchasing any new handbags. (An exception would have to be made, should one of my black handbags break or get scuffed.) Thank you for your post about this, @ECBG.

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born 

For fun and some "eye candy" you might like to take a stroll through HOBO International.  Their leather is absolutely beautiful, almost like glove leather.

I kept a bag in my cart for several days, and they offered me 10% off!

Respected Contributor

Well, @ECBG, of course I had to check out that line of bags.  I would literally get lost in that Divine handbag, because I would have the urge to stick my entire face against the outside of the bag to sniff its surely "divine", leathery smell.  Of course, I could do that with a couple of my already existing handbags, too... (Like my giant brown Valerie D&B bag and my luscious light pink. slouchy, smooshy, cavernous, larger Coach bag, with a single, wide strap, too, of a style name I have forgotten. -- OK, so now I am going to get out that light pink bag and wear it.  Thanks!) 

Esteemed Contributor

Soft pink (Kate Spade)

Honored Contributor

Teal, unless it really clashes with something I'm wearing. Then I just go with a caramel colored one.

Honored Contributor

Am carrying a tan Sak crocheted bag right now, but also like to carry a navy VB crossbody, a light blue floral VB crossbody, and occasionally an Aigner straw bag that is at least 25 years old and looks brand new.  

Trusted Contributor

My new Spring bag, she's beautiful and lightweight. I haven't enen used it yet since I'm usually using a belt bag. I just don't carry a lot of stuff anymore, I use a card carrier on the back of my phone--so that and some lipstick and the case for my aligners and that's it.

bag.jfif

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Regular Contributor

I do not wear just one bag through any season.  I coordinate my bag with what I am wearing.