Esteemed Contributor

Re: Color Of Your Basic Summer Handbag?

[ Edited ]

I just bought my first Dooney in many years. It a mini dome that is small. It's ostrich in carmel. Very pretty. It's not a bag for anyone who carrys a lot, just the basics.

And the next day I returned it. The strap kept coming undone and the bag would fall to the ground. It did this twice and it wasn't going to happen a third. Oh well, I found one I liked at Brighton. 

Honored Contributor

I tend to carry "brights" in the summer, although I do have a ballet pink bag I save for summer.  I also have two brown leather wovens that are classic summer bags.  

Being a handbag girl, I guess I don't just have a basic...

Honored Contributor

In the summe I carry a lot of straw, cloth, or canvas bags along with leather.  Leather are small and match shoes: Pink, bright green, yellow, blues, turquoise, and of course tan, navy or black.

I tend to wear pinks for a couple of weeks, then more peaches, more navy and white etc. and match shoes and bags to what I am wearing in a time frame.  

Honored Contributor

Very pale pink Kate Spade shoulder bag.

Regular Contributor

I miss the beautiful wicker handbags we had in the 60s and 70s-think Sophia from the Golden Girls!

Honored Contributor

My basic bag color - all year around - is British tan.  I have several styles in that color.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

i switch out my handbags quite often, any season,  for summer i like white as a neutral.  i have a white tote and a white satchel w black trim.   couple straw totes.     though mostly it's a Kate Spade very pale pink crossbody.  i have an older Coach Legacy Stripe Leah fabric  stripe satchel..i like this for mid-summer - the hot months... 

I♥Coach: 13297 LEGACY STRIPE LARGE LEAH TOTE

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have tons of bags in dfferent styles, colors and fabrics.  (Like everybody, right?? lol) So I could go on and on... but I'll keep it brief to the 3 that came to mind first.  

My everyday casual summer bag changes based on how much stuff I need to take with me.  If I need a medium size bag, my go to is a dooney hobo, the one with the big clasp.  I have it the oyster color-- it's great, but the clasp makes it heavy.  So it's hard to recommend. 

If I don't have as much with me, I have a Gucci Disco bag.  It's a crossbody in the Camilla color-- beigey rose.  Also hard to reccomend because I am not sure if they still sell it and it's an expensive bag.

For Xmas, I bought myself the MZ Wallace Crosby Sling in Light Rose Gold Metallic.  It's a creamy white with rose gold hardware.  LOVE IT!  

I think if you wear a lot of colors and if they are solids, a nice pattern or a straw/rafia  bag might look pretty.  Are you only looking for one bag for the whole season?  I think a good brand to check that is not super expense but style-- The Sak or LeSportSac.  Funny-- they both are Sac/Sak.  LOL. they are very functional and a few of the styles are classy looking, too.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use/ love an MZ Wallace Soho Metro mini tote in pink/ blue. Love it and sorry they don't make this anymore, I want another one!  
I don't care for their quilted fabric- too wintry and reminds me of my grandmothers brown quilted coat she always wore- 🤣🤣🤣

Regular Contributor

I am not one who changes into a summer bag. I hate white bags. I am not into pastel bags. I mostly use my 9 handbags all year long, changing them out when I feel the need to do so.