Honored Contributor

Re: Color Of Your Basic Summer Handbag?

Black for me all year round with gray, black, midnight blue, blue denims, and burgundy.  Don't think I will ever change my mind, but who knows.   

Esteemed Contributor

My usual bag is almost always black. I don't buy colored bags and I never do white anything. I would say 90% of my bags are black with a navy or gray thrown in there.

Respected Contributor

This is usually an issue for me. I have a white DB that I wear often but I also have worn yellow, green, and turquoise bags. I have a Vera Bradley that I love but it seems most of my summer tops are printed in some way so a print on a bag limits my wear time. I wear black, brown, and navy during the winter so like that pop of color in the summer. It's pretty much a dilemma for me since it's difficult to find the perfect colors in summer bags. Light gray sounds nice but when I find the perfect pink, it'll be mine!

Honored Contributor

My favorite summer bag is green. It's a darker green Brahmin but the shading is lighter making it a good neutral. It goes with everything. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have lots of different color bags, some with prints.  I change my bag usually every 6 months or so and I'll fo with my mood.  I don't have color specific bags for the seasons and though I am a bit matchy I don't stress to match my bag to my clothing everyday.

Esteemed Contributor

I always seem to return to my old white Dooney pebble leather Luna. Have not found anything for summer that I love more. I will occasionally mix things up with a colorful VB print crossbody. When my baseball team is doing well I also carry my MLB Dooney coated cotton, which is a fun accessory.

Most of my large collection of handbags is for fall/ winter, which are the longest seasons around here.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I lighten up during the summer. I have a Coach beige tote with tiny pink and black buds. I also love a black and white Le Sport sac for years. Vera Bradley cotton Havana print. Croco print Patricia Nash and also a floral map print envelope crossbody.  I switch  in accordance to my outfit as I do all year. 

I want a solid pink lug. Not too small and not pink camo and not vegan leather QVC!

Honored Contributor

I will carry my Dooney bag, it has pansys on it in different colors with a white background and the year 1975 cant remember the significance of the year but I purchaed from Q years ago, it came with a cute little coin purse.  I also have a beautiful Anuschka that is floral and has fireflys, and a pretty Madie Clare that is also floral and looks like a beautiful painting.  I guess I like florals lol

Regular Contributor

Carry same style crossbody dooney in oyster and pale blush.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

My favorite summer bag is green. It's a darker green Brahmin but the shading is lighter making it a good neutral. It goes with everything. 

@CalminHeart 

I SO love Brahmin, but the size I like is too heavy for my back.  Sooooo pretty!