Honored Contributor

Yes.  If I loved the bag and could easily afford it.  

Contributor

To Crystaltree      It .must be a full moon tonight

Trusted Contributor

To me to pay as much as $5,000 for a handbag is fine if you have everything else to go along with it.  The house, car, clothes, jewelry and shoes.  Then everything would be in the same class.   Paying that much for a handbag is not justifiable to me unless everything was in the same class as the handbag if that makes sense.  In other words, why wear a Chanel bag with a $50 pair of shoes?  I have several Coach handbags and that is as much as I want to pay for a handbag myself.  

I have a niece who has all the nice expensive things you can buy but she is married to a dermatologist surgeon and has the means.  She has the house, the cars, jewels, clothes, handbags and the other nicer things in life.  Her hubs is from old money and has the means to provide her with whatever she desires.  I think that sums it up in an eggshell.

Trusted Contributor

I never liked Chanel bags. I never understood the appeal. To me, they look frumpy. My mother, who was anything but frumpy, had a couple. Didn't understand it. I always hated Vuitton. I liked Bottega Veneta a couple of decades ago (the current ones look blah to me). I have a small piece from back then. 

I love Acne. I'd, happily,  buy one.  I'm interested in design, not name. 

If I had a lot of money, I'd buy a very expensive bag if it appealed to me. I love looking at them. 

BUT, no bag is worth tens of thousands of dollars other than what pleasure it brings to you. That price doesn't bring a correlative level of quality. There's a point at which you've reached quality saturation. 

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I love nice bags, but have never had any great desire for a showpiece bag.  My most expensive bag is a $1,200 Coach; but still, it's just a Coach.

There's one teeny, tiny exception; I wouldn't mind an Hermes Birkin bag.

Coach used to be quite a brand to get in bags.  I wonder what happened? The U.S. doesn't seem to make the super luxury bag, the way Paris or Milan makes.  Burberry is a super luxury bag made in London.  I have the Burberry trench coat.  That's the only authentic luxury brand i own.  And that was under $1,000.00 (but barely) I went halvies on it with my older sister (the lawyer) but she told me to keep my half and she would pay.  Her girlfriends ooh and aah over the Prada.  But it just look like a bag to me.  Nothing special.

I think the Birkin is the most sought after handbag.  But having the opportunity, I'd get the Chanel every time. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have the small version of the classic clutch and liked it so much I purchased another in the larger size. LOVE them and have had them for years! (But they were cheaper then)!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link.

Honored Contributor

I love Chanel bags, and also Chloe and Tod's. There are 2 other Designer brand purses that I love, but can't think of the names right at the moment. I would definitely own a couple, but would never go crazy.....I am eyeing a Coach right now and can't bring myself to buy it at 550.00. It doesn't qualify for the sale going on right now, otherwise I would have purchased.........

I tend to be a more practical person, and really thinking before making a real expensive purchase. Sometimes I think so long I talk myself out of it! lol!

Burberry is one of the other brands that I like quite a bit!