Valued Contributor

I have a handbag in my shopping cart.  Its a Carlos Santna Handbag in a denim snake print.

Anyone have any positive or negative comments.  Thanks.  

Carlos by Carlos Santana Ava 2-in-1 Bucket Tote and Wristlet

Esteemed Contributor

Several years ago  I bought one of his small handheld bags  and a key chin that were very nicely made .

Honored Contributor

I have a couple of his (non-leather) bags from a few years back and they're good looking and nicely made. We're all different and so I don't care for the bracelet style handle on the bag pictured but the color is pretty.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @stevieb  .The bag is really nice. I just prefer a strap rather than a bracelet handle.

Honored Contributor

Re: Carlos Santana Handbags

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ  I think nearly every brand did at least one bag with a bracelet handle over the past couple of years as part of what they thought might prove to be a trend. That said, I see an awful lot of them on clearance, so wonder if possibly it didn't really take off as they'd hoped.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@NicksmomESQ  I think nearly every brand did at least one bag with a bracelet handle over the past couple of years as part of what they thought might prove to be a trend. That said, I see an awful lot of them on clearance, so wonder if possibly it didn't really take off as they'd hoped.

@stevieb  They just look to impractical. I like to fill my bags & swing them over my shoulder. A bracelet handle would dig into my arm & I wouldn't want to hold it in my  hand. That would be too uncomfortable for me.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ  I agree. I like a hand held option along with a shoulder option, but prefer two handles firmly attached to the body of the bag. Another concern for me would be if those two thin little strips holding the bracelet handle come loose because the bag's weight isn't very well distributed, as it would be with more significant handles or straps, you're in for a repair job.

Honored Contributor

Gosh......I thought that metal loop was to tie your babushka on.......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Carlos Santana has some crossbody bags with a strap. The bags also have a metal ring which is mostly for looks. I like the style and was temped to buy one, but decided against. I have a nice handbag I got for retirement, so I didn't need another one. 

Of course, sometimes one doesn't have to buy out of "need" but out of "want." Woman Happy

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I recently returned a Patricia Nash bag with that type of handle.  It just wasn't comfortable on my arm.  If you are going to carry it in your hand that might be another story; but on the arm, it wasn't great.