Valued Contributor
  • It's hard to believe that I have been unable to find a tote or large handbag that would work for me. My qualifcations:
  • should not be huge. I am only 5 foot. 
  • Must have a shoulder strap
  • Must not have both a hand carry and a shoulder strap. I think that is extremely ugly to have those handles sitting there with the long strap also.
  • Must have an outside pocket. 
  • Must of course have the color I want...right now I am looking for fun colors. 
  • Would like it to be under &200. 

I suppose I am asking too much? I really like the Dooney nylon bag on air last week but so many reviews complained that it did not stay on the shoulder. I have a perennial problem with that having narrow shoulders. 

Trusted Contributor

Did you see the Dooney on HSN as their TSV today? Sounds like what you described although it's technically a hobo, not a "tote".

KJPA
Valued Contributor

Thank you. I didn't see it. I will have to figure out how to view HSN on my laptop. I don't normally watch it.

Esteemed Contributor

Go to ebay and search on "le sport sac"; many choices and my "go to" brand. Used is ok as they are,washable and indestructible.

Trusted Contributor

I usually just go to the Web site and view the item from there. Hsn.com

KJPA
Respected Contributor

Sonoma Tote Bag + Zip Pouch

You might look at Calvin Klein.  I know this one is too big but I have it and it fits my needs. Maybe you can find a smaller one in this brand.

Super Contributor
You might look at Ralph Lauren. I just ordered a new tire from him at Macy’s on sale. Both leather and nylon. My current nylon has worn like iron, but doesn’t have an outside pocket. I believe my new one dies. I’m also short and it works really well.
Esteemed Contributor

If you don't want leather check out Vera Bradley or Lug.  HSN has Clever Carriage handbags (some on clearance) that might be worth a look. Good Luck.

Valued Contributor

Thank you everyone for your suggestions!

Valued Contributor

Patricia Nash   HSN