Occasional Visitor

Can Dooney and Bourke do more, smaller bags?

I LOVE my Dooney bags, but I would like to see maore, smaller, shoulder bags. Maybe like the A269013 suede bag, or the leather version, but smaller. I can't be the only person, who would like to see some smaller choices. I DO have a couple of the smaller bags, and I love them. I would just like to see a few more. And MORE SUEDE!

Occasional Contributor

Re: Can Dooney and Bourke do more, smaller bags?

I agree...and not so heavy....I always look at how much it weighs and once they get to the 2 pound I won't order them...they get too hear...I love some of their lighter, smaller bags!

Frequent Contributor

I agree since I am a petite and the large bags are overwhelming and too heavy.  It seems like everything is oversized these days.....from handbags to clothing.   I'm happy for those who can wear these things but how about us.

Respected Contributor

I would like to see more medium bag choices.  And not so heavy.  the new smaller smith in the toledo leather is on the right track.  but when they decreased the size of the bag the strap length was shortened and that foldover opening was reduced.  and the price went to $389.  all a nogo for me. when they downsize a bag they need to rethink whether it still works.  

Honored Contributor

I always check new styles for long crossroad bags under two pounds.

Honored Contributor

I don't know, looking at the full range of products, they seem to do a fair number of smaller bags as it is...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I don't know, looking at the full range of products, they seem to do a fair number of smaller bags as it is...

How right you are StevieB.  I have tons of small dooney bags.  My favorite one is the small Mitchell bag.  I still use it.  I totally love that bag.  I have the large one, but rarely use it.  It's in the croco leather.  I think I carried it only one time.  It was just too big.  That small Mitchell bag rocks. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I have one D&B bag which is the famous "Lock" bag.  I bought it about two years ago.  I never use it because it is too heavy.  However, I never sent it back because I just love the change purse which I use in every handbag I carry. 

I have bought others, one recently and sent that back also for weight issues, plus I just wish their bags weren't so stiff and had more styles and colors on the inside instead of that constant red and green.

And I don't see them selling that one type of leather anymore.  I can't remember the name of it, and it was beautiful to look at but very difficult to use because it scratched so easily.  I guess that's why they don't present it anymore.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

LilacTree, I believe the leather you're referring to is Florentine.

As far as small Dooney bag goes, I have the pebble leather Bitsy Bag and I LOVE it! It's deceiving how roomy it is! You can fit so much in that bag! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Dooney makes lots of small bags. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval