Trusted Contributor

Call me "OLD", but I need a handbag -- pockets can't contain all my stuff!

I recently had younger associates poke fun at me because I can't be streamlined like they are, using only pockets and only needing a cell phone & keys. 

Hey, I need glasses, medicines, tissues, etc., etc. YES, I am a grandma! My days of easy-breezy tuck your items in your pocket and GO, are not where I am today.

Anyone else need to bring a bag (of any sort) with them?

Honored Contributor

Re: Call me "OLD", but I need a handbag -- pockets can't contain all my stuff!

I have to have a bag, I don't care where I'm going, I need my stuff !👜👛👜

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@Solar Is My Name wrote:

I recently had younger associates poke fun at me because I can't be streamlined like they are, using only pockets and only needing a cell phone & keys. 

Hey, I need glasses, medicines, tissues, etc., etc. YES, I am a grandma! My days of easy-breezy tuck your items in your pocket and GO, are not where I am today.

Anyone else need to bring a bag (of any sort) with them?

I have to carry my insulin pump and my phone to get my dexcom info with me when I just go upstairs. If my phone is not in range of my dexcom which is on my body it doesn't give me the info. So I've had to carry a bag/ purse as I call it forever. Those young ones need to hush 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm with you @Solar Is My Name I need some essentials with me. Some may think it overkill but I'm more comfortable this way. 

Honored Contributor

@Solar Is My Name Call me anything you want, but if I don’t have my bag with my glasses, I won’t know who’s calling me names

Honored Contributor

Are you telling me that young people are handbag shaming us older gals? Well if they are, I have news for them. They too will grow older. 

Respected Contributor

@millieshops  Thank you for giving me a good laugh, but so true

Honored Contributor

I also need a bag of some kind...however I have tried to really downsize my bags.  On short outings when the weather is nice I only bring my keys, phone, wallet and maybe a lipstick I know...pandemic but I still do). In bad weather I'll add a small umbrella.

When I go for a neighborhood walk, I carry a small bag that holds my water bottle, tissue, keys & phone.

Trusted Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know. I'm 65 and carry the smallest purse I can get away with. All I need is my phone, credit cards, keys, a tiny hand sanitizer and that dreaded mask. I don't carry a bunch of stuff.