Contributor

Re: Call me "OLD", but I need a handbag -- pockets can't contain all my stuff!

[ Edited ]

@millieshops You made me laugh out loud at my desk because that is me too.  Have a bless day.

Respected Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Are you telling me that young people are handbag shaming us older gals? Well if they are, I have news for them. They too will grow older. 

I have several young females in my life, and they all carry purses. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I don't carry much with me, but I always carry a purse.  I love them.  They can be the perfect accessory.  As I always said, no matter how old they are, they still fit. 

But, your younger associates would definately think I am an old fogie, I also always wear a watch.  I have a collection, and love how they can finish an outfilt.

Respected Contributor

That is so odd.  I see young women carry handbags all the time.  (Even so, they always have their cell phone out.  I'd be afraid I'd set it down and walk away from it.)

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

For the last few years, I have come to appreciate pockets and only my phone and car fob for short trips.  

Now show me a longer outing and the backpack comes out.....

Esteemed Contributor

I can't leave the house without my handbag.My 25 year old DIL feels the same way.After all where would we put our stuff? I carry my sunglasses,reading glasses,wallet, hairbrush,makeup, tissues, hand sanitizer, masks,keys, cellphone etc.

Honored Contributor

Hard to believe any of the younger ones have issues with handbags since the bloggers are promoting $8,000 styles and designers like Chanel handbags!!!

Honored Contributor

I am not young but I have always been a minimalist when it comes to stuff I have to drag around.  The main reason I never wanted to smoke was having stuff to tote around.

If I can go with pants pockets only, or at most a small bag.  No makeup bag, no glosses, brushes, or stuff that I don't absolutely positively have to have to survive. 

Honored Contributor

Oh don't be ridiculous. Of course I need a bag and if I didn't need one I'd want one and I've been carrying a bag most of my life, regardless of age... If the kiddies don't get it that's on them and, yes, I too wear watches... I love them and unlike so many I haven't yet had my phone surgically attached to my hand... Now, talk about something goofy, to me it's the phone zombie generation, also regardless of age...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Every female i personally know carries a purse. I will run into t he store with just my wallet sometimes.

I didn't know a purse was an "old" thing.