Trusted Contributor
I never change bags to match outfits, just carry them until I'm sick of them and want something different. 😃
Valued Contributor

Re: CRAZY BAG ISSUE

[ Edited ]

Red bag for me all year.

For funerals I'll carry a black bag.

Black or navy for special occasions.

I still have and treasure the black bag I bought on our honeymoon 53 years ago.   Just cannot let go of it.

Honored Contributor

@countrylady wrote:

Red bag for me all year.

For funerals I'll carry a black bag.

Black or navy for special occasions.

I still have and treasure the black bag I bought on our honeymoon 53 years ago.   Just cannot let go of it.

@countrylady   Oh, I love my red bag, too. A ray of sun sunshine. I think my issue is 4 sizes of black, 3 of luggage, tan and brown, grey, a few crossbody bags in various colors and a collection of LVs...Too many to choose from and cause confusion. I've given many before paring down to these (lol) to my DIL. I still tend to reach for the larger hobo styles and just walk w/ one shoulder lower. 

Back to my red bag. Although when it's filled and used for several days, I get dressed in jeans w/ maybe a pale pink sweater (I'm doing color now!!! 😜) & my tan boots...so bag needs to be changed. 

I know there are women w/ one or two bags and I do have guilt making a big deal w/ this issue, but am assuming some can relate.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not into brown....don't have a brown bag or shoes and only one brown top.  I do have a lot of black, blue, denim and olive.  This time if year I use either a black, olive (my latest), burgundy & a metalic gunmetal gray bag.  I think they all go with almost everything that I wear so it really depends on my mood as to which bag I'll use.

ETA:  The next bag that I get will be a rich deep red!

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I'm not into brown....don't have a brown bag or shoes and only one brown top.  I do have a lot of black, blue, denim and olive.  This time if year I use either a black, olive (my latest), burgundy & a metalic gunmetal gray bag.  I think they all go with almost everything that I wear so it really depends on my mood as to which bag I'll use.

ETA:  The next bag that I get will be a rich deep red!

@haddon9   I have nothing brown (clothing) left since let hair go silver...just not a good look for me. Sometimes, a neutral shoe is my only option and a black or other bag color is not an option... Although, God help me, you gave me the idea of an olive and deep red/burgundy bag. Why not add 2 more to an already sagging shelf? That would solve my "problem". Thank you, I think. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@haddon9 

Are you finding these bag colors other than D&B? Not thrilled having the brown trim, but free ship is tempting.

Respected Contributor

Another option... a black handbag with brown/tan trim can be very useful.  Many of my Dooney handbags have brown/tan trim and sometimes I use the trim color to coordinate with my shoes, belt, or clothing item to help pull together an outfit.

I don't think a black handbag with brown/tan trim replaces the look of a great all black leather handbag.   But.... for those who don't want/need an all brown handbag,  it's a useful color combination.   And for those of us who have multiple handbags,  the black handbag with brown/tan trim is a different and interesting style option.

I just got a Dooney black ostrich tote with British Tan trim and it's stunning.  The combination is much more striking than an all black handbag of the same style.  (No,  I didn't need this handbag,  but....it  looked so sharp and was on sale and such a useful color combination and style.)  Smiley Happy

Many ladies consider a handbag of medium brown/cognac/British Tan to be a universal neutral handbag  (and shoe) color,  to be worn with every other color.  And although I much prefer black to brown,  I have come to appreciate how rich a cognac colored handbag can look.   And it can be a 4 season color.

Respected Contributor
Dooney has several collections that are all one color leather, and other collections with brown/tan trim. Off the top of my head.... Florentine, Emerson, Beacon, and Saffiano collections are done in a single color leather for both the body and trim of the handbag. There are also some pebble leather collections done in a single color leather. I believe the new logo lock hobo (debut on Q recently) is all one color pebble leather. Someone reported the tag said Samba.... that was a pebble leather collection from a few years ago.... soft, plush, beautiful pebble leather. I hope they bring back the Samba satchel (looked like the Florentine satchel) that was done in a rainbow of single color leathers.
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@haddon9 

Are you finding these bag colors other than D&B? Not thrilled having the brown trim, but free ship is tempting.

@Shanus   As a matter of fact it is a D&B bag with tan trim.  I happen to love the color and bag a lot but I'm generally not a big fan of their bags.

Honored Contributor

I do have alot of bags and I love to change them up.  I tend to get bored carrying the same bag all the time.  I have a red bag by Rebecca Minkoff and I get more compliments on that bag.  Hmmm, I think it is time to change to red.