Honored Contributor

CRAZY BAG ISSUE

[ Edited ]

OK, so most of my clothes are black, white or grey or jeans. I most often have a black every day bag "loaded" & ready to go. 

If I'm wearing jeans, an olive sweater and brown ankle boots, for example, do most of you stylish gals still carry your black every day bag or should I take time to change to a brown one?

Yes, there are world shattering issues & this isn't one of them. Just curious....

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

OK, so most of my clothes are black, white or grey or jeans. I most often have a black every day bag "loaded" & ready to go. 

If I'm wearing jeans, an olive sweater and brown ankle boots, for example, do most of you stylish gals still carry your black every day bag or should I take time to change to a brown one?

Yes, there are world shattering issues & this isn't one of them. Just curious....

Actually, in that case I have an olive green bag that goes with everything else. With all of my bags, I don't have a brown one, odd, I know.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Actually, in that case I have an olive green bag that goes with everything else. With all of my bags, I don't have a brown one, odd, I know.

@QVCkitty1   Hmmm. An excuse to purchase another bag? 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@QVCkitty1   Hmmm. An excuse to purchase another bag? 

@Shanus , believe me I don't need much encouragement. 😻

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1   😝 lol

Honored Contributor

According to a renowned designer and me, every woman should have one nice black satchel which she can carry with anything, because most of our most prized occasions to carry a nice bag are spur-of-the-moment events and we can be prepared for those with a nice black satchel.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a LOT of bags. I usually change them weekly, that way they last forever. (Which is sometimes not a good thing). 
   In the Autumn I like brown, olive and two tone brown and black is great it goes with everything. 
  Winter I go to darker brown or brown/black, grey, dark green or red near Christmas

Spring/Summer I switch to lighter beiges, gold tones (go with everything) and cream or whites, blues. 

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

I have a LOT of bags. I usually change them weekly, that way they last forever. (Which is sometimes not a good thing). 
   In the Autumn I like brown, olive and two tone brown and black is great it goes with everything. 
  Winter I go to darker brown or brown/black, grey, dark green or red near Christmas

Spring/Summer I switch to lighter beiges, gold tones (go with everything) and cream or whites, blues. 

@1Snickers   Oh, no shortage of bags here to switch out. 😜 Do you plan your outfits for the week once you change your bag? For instance, your things are transferred to the olive bag for the week. To keep from changing bags again mid-week, do you consider outfits w/ olive, etc.? 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  Loony of me probably, but while I don't always match my shoes and bag and while I sometimes mix metals with my jewelry, I somehow feel just a tad better when I do match and don't mix...

Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Shanus  Loony of me probably, but while I don't always match my shoes and bag and while I sometimes mix metals with my jewelry, I somehow feel just a tad better when I do match and don't mix...

Woman Very Happy

@stevieb   Exception to the rule are my LV bags. Yes, brown & shoes or clothing can be black, but that bag seems universal. That's the one I travel with instead of shlepping two. I carry a big one and pack a small crossbody.