Esteemed Contributor

Re: COACH CASSIE AND CASSIE 19 HANDBAGS

[ Edited ]

@Pecky  and @Meowingkitty  Thanks for the input.  That is good to know about annoying strap issues on certain styles. . 

My Rogue 25 has the clip on straps, but they are stable. 

All my pretty leather bags are sitting on the shelf waiting to go somewhere. Spent a whole year with nylon bags or Vera Bradley. 

Trusted Contributor

@hicindy2  after being  95% sure the Cassie's are brass hardware the Marlie is looking like the best deal to me.  It sure looks like gold hardware on the pictures, don't you think?

I had a thought.  With the snake in handle and top of chain, it's a tortoise like

with dark brown. I might be able to wear black with it as well.  

Oh my last question is Coach's  "chalk" color.  Is it it a nice off white or does it lean into dingy beige?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pink123  I've never purchased Chalk, so can't help there.  I would place a call to Coach Outlet C/S and ask what the hardware code "IM" stands for, just to be sure. 

On Coach regular site, love the simplicity of the new Coach Ergo bag

Honored Contributor

@Pink123 wrote:

@hicindy2  after being  95% sure the Cassie's are brass hardware the Marlie is looking like the best deal to me.  It sure looks like gold hardware on the pictures, don't you think?

I had a thought.  With the snake in handle and top of chain, it's a tortoise like

with dark brown. I might be able to wear black with it as well.  

Oh my last question is Coach's  "chalk" color.  Is it it a nice off white or does it lean into dingy beige?

@Pink123  I have Chalk in a bag and it is a nice off white.  There is no beige to it at all.  It's a pretty shade of white.

Trusted Contributor

I've searched through Tory Burch, Minkoff, Gavriel,

you name it with no luck. 

So far Coach Marlie is still the clear winner.  I even

went on Yoogi's closet to find something in "like new"

condition.

Now that I know it's a nice white thanks to @Pecky 

it's pushing me further to the finish line.  And of course thank you @hicindy2  for finding it for me.

I will carry my damier Louis Vuitton Kensington which is a tote but has an attachable shoulder strap

through the airports. Very Lightweight.  It can also be used for a casual evening and is a neutral. It's not a  big tote and is an elegant looking bag.  Will be perfect for black outfits on casual evenings.

I'm having trouble signing in here today, yikes.

c1560_imcah_a9 marlie.jpg

LV Kensington:

0730171510b[4380] (2).jpg

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh look what I just found.  It has black white and the logo signature version on Marlie all wrapped into one, ha.

It's about $180.00.  Thoughts?  Better plain white, a hint of tortoise on handle, strap,  without logo and dressier? Or the white and this and skip all black.

BTW @hicindy2  I was considering the black along with the white since the reviews are so good until i saw this.

And I signed up for an account, no discount. lol.

s-l1600 logo marlie.jpg

s-l1600 marlie coated canvas with white.jpg

s-l500 side shot white.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@Pink123 wrote:

Oh look what I just found.  It has black white and the logo signature version on Marlie all wrapped into one, ha.

It's about $180.00.  Thoughts?  Better plain white, a hint of tortoise on handle, strap,  without logo and dressier? Or the white and this and skip all black.

BTW @hicindy2  I was considering the black along with the white since the reviews are so good until i saw this.

And I signed up for an account, no discount. lol.

s-l1600 logo marlie.jpg

s-l1600 marlie coated canvas with white.jpg

s-l500 side shot white.jpg

I personally don't like white anything nor do I like bags with chains. I don't like the noise they make when you put them down. I'm also not a fan of signature cloth bags. I prefer plain leather in brown or black maybe with a hint of something unique.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Pink123  I like the plain white.  This one just seems alittle busy for me  but go for the one that is calling your name.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

These are all cute silhouettes, but the bags are simply too small to be at all functional for me...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb  I agree and they are small.  I just need something for an upcoming trip and these seem to fit the bill.  Something that is not heavy and can take me from day to night.  And the price is right too.

@Pecky  Yep, I like the chalk white better too.  The monogrammed one is too busy.  White and/or black a much better choice, simple and elegant.