Honored Contributor

@gidgetghwrote:

I stopped in a local gift shop today and was browsing. I saw a Brighton crossbody that I really liked. However, it was pricey. That wouldn’t totally stop me from buying, but I wanted to think about it.  A crossbody for me is a style that I only use occasionally.  I use a larger purse for every day. 

I’m familiar with Brighton certainly, but have never owned one of their purses. 

Anyone have any words of wisdom for me?

Brighton was comparable IMHO to leather Coach, earlier leather Dooney, even Brahmin, made exceptionally well and if you find one at a Thrift or Resale shop, and the style suits you, I think you'll be happy with the quality.   I haven't seen a Brighton Boutique with brand new product in a very long time!   Every Brighton I've found at resale has been in great enough shape that I have been able to resell it myself... (I'm a seller on eBay)....  Good luck, I think you'll enjoy the brand!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Ok....so much for thinking it over. I called the store at the mall. They only had one left. She said they’d sold several and several people had looked at it today (who knows whether that’s true, but whatever). I bought it over the phone and will pick it up tomorrow morning. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Meowingkittywrote:

I have several of their bags all crossbodies and they are great. I also love their organizer bags because no wallet is needed. They hold up well and you can take them in for a yearly cleaning and if a strap breaks they will fix it for free. 

I didn’t realize I could take my wallet/organizer in for a clean-up.

Near Palm Springs there is an outlet which is always packed with customers.  I think people buy the bags there to resell on eBay.  

Honored Contributor

@gidgetghwrote:

Ok....so much for thinking it over. I called the store at the mall. They only had one left. She said they’d sold several and several people had looked at it today (who knows whether that’s true, but whatever). I bought it over the phone and will pick it up tomorrow morning. 

🤣.  I was just looking at the site because of you, @gidgetgh, and saw a straw handbag...

Honored Contributor

I love that pewter croco.  I have been wanting a pewter croco for sometime.  Looked at the Brahmin but somehow or other they are too upscale for what I want.  I have looked at some of the dupe bags and thinking about getting one. 

I have so many bags and since I quit work I don't use them as frequently.   I might buy dupe bags from here on because I cannot bring myself to part with the great ones nor do I want to pay the price and not use them as often.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetghwrote:

The bag is a nice one but I am a sucker for their jewelry. I really like Brighton’s merchandise. Hope you enjoy your bag.

Esteemed Contributor

Good for you for going for the bag! That's my style too, although in a shorter strap for the shoulder. I've had several Brighton bags over the years, and they are wonderful and are very well made. Their jewelry is top-notch with something for everyone. Enjoy your new Brighton - I bet you'll love it! I could spend hours in the Brighton stores!

Honored Contributor

@patbzwrote:

I own three Brighton bags, all acquired from the Bay (very nice and under $70@, "previously owned").

After buying several Brighton bags on eBay, I dived in and bought a beautiful new bag from a Brighton store.  At the end of its first season of use, the shoulder strap came unsewed so it's been unusable.  I've intended to take it to the local shoemaker but haven't gotten around to it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh.  Nice classic style.  You should get a lot of use out of it without it going out of style.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

That's a very cute bag @gidgetgh .....go for it!