Honored Contributor

Re: Brighton Leather bag advice

Have a crossbody that I purchased at JFK years ago, major sale.

It is leather and Shows NO wear.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

What a great looking bag!  Terrible comparison, but I just pitched a Travelon with a similar shape (didn't convert to backpack) that I loved!  I'd be all over this one, except why no RFID?  

Brighton quality...it stands up.  And there is the registration and repairs bonus.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I have several Brighton bags and they hold up well. I’ve only had one repaired. I don’t carry them every day switching between Frye and Brighton usually. Right now I’m carrying Bria. I only buy their organizer or smaller bags but I’ve been happy with them.  

@Meowingkitty  What Frye are you carrying nowadays?  I am considering the Melissa satchel.  Do you have this bag?  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I usually carry the Melissa Zip crossbody, or I recently got the Small Melissa Zip Hobo studded bag in gray. My limit is 11 inches or less. I’m a small bag girl and I almost returned the studded bag but it is so gorgeous I couldn’t return it even though it is a bit big by my standards. The one you are asking about is pretty but just to big for my needs. 

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I usually carry the Melissa Zip crossbody, or I recently got the Small Melissa Zip Hobo studded bag in gray. My limit is 11 inches or less. I’m a small bag girl and I almost returned the studded bag but it is so gorgeous I couldn’t return it even though it is a bit big by my standards. The one you are asking about is pretty but just to big for my needs. 

@Meowingkitty  I saw that studded bag and thought about it ,but it seemed like a lot of "studding" for me.  I want the Melissa satchel.  Every woman needs a black satchel and I want that one to be mine.  I might check out small Melissa Hobo.  Thinking about it.  I really no longer need a big bag.  I don't have to carry a tablet and everything but the kitchen sink any longer.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@Meowingkitty  I saw that studded bag and thought about it ,but it seemed like a lot of "studding" for me.  I want the Melissa satchel.  Every woman needs a black satchel and I want that one to be mine.  I might check out small Melissa Hobo.  Thinking about it.  I really no longer need a big bag.  I don't have to carry a tablet and everything but the kitchen sink any longer.

It’s not overly studded I don’t think. I’m not a bling person but this bag is gorgeous. The gray is on sale at Amazon right now. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't have any Brighton bags but I do have two leather Dooney's, my first Dooneys that are 10 to 12 years old.  Granted, I have a bag collection so I don't carry the same bag every day, year round.  I have carried those two bags a lot.  I don't baby my bags but I take care of them.  I clean and condition the leather, keep the insides clean.  They are classic styles and I'm sure I'll be carrying those bags for another 10 years.  A good quality leather bag will last a lot longer than 10 years if you take care of the bag.