Valued Contributor

Brenna (Dooney) clearance question

[ Edited ]

The colors available seem to update quite frequently.  I'm wondering if, say, they had 1 or 2 of them (that resurfaced), do you think they are "returned" bags being sold as new?

I ask because I have ordered before where the bag shipped was definitely a returned item.

Thanks for any input!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Brenna (Dooney) clearance question

Yes.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

They could also be items that were in shopping carts and the customer cancelled the item.  That was happening witht the Belevedere Logo Lock Hobo yesterday too.  Many more colors today on both these bags.

Respected Contributor

Both are possibilities. Q has been taking longer to ship and that gives customers time to change their minds. Sometimes credit cards are denied. The website s kind of glitchy.
Don't get me started on used bags masquerading as new.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, everybody!

Valued Contributor

Yes

Honored Contributor

Yes, definitely a return.  There seems to be no set rule on whether a bag goes right back into circulation or goes into the "As Is" pile.  It appears that there are a lot of different people making that arbitrary decision with very few guidelines to follow.  That's why return products are hit or miss.

Frequent Contributor

I've coveted this bag forever & the spontaneous clearance price meant I could finally afford it. But my hesitation over the timing caused me to miss out on the midnight blue TWICE. When it mysteriously popped up again on Friday night (the 10th) I didn't hesitate - I bought it. It arrived yesterday (The 14th) brand new & pristine. Everything packed & wrapped, including the dust bag & accessories. It's GORGEOUS! I'M COMPLETELY HAPPY & THRILLED WITH MY BRENNA!
Respected Contributor

@Chefgal411

So happy for you. I have five Brennas and four similar Florentine Barlows. I am only telling you because the design of those related bags is so functional, thanks to those outside pickets. I'm surprised that they are clearing out the Brennas after only two years. I have not liked a Dooney tsv since! I keep hoping for an equally great Dooney holiday tsv, but I have previewed the upcoming one, and it doesn't begin to compare in function or fresh style. Rats....

Frequent Contributor

Thank you @libbyannE! I'm a little jealous of your collection though - especially after getting & using my Brennan - it's an amazing bag! I've had my eye on that mini Barlow crossbody too. That style just works on all levels & the colors are luscious (cranberry, yum!)
Enjoy your lovely collection & Happy Holidays!