Respected Contributor

Brahmin Lovers: Anyone own the new CHIVE color handbag?

51CcPc3-o0L._SX230_.jpg

51+9ffLrzrL._SX230_.jpg

I am wildly tempted.

Can't find any store (including San Francisco!) that has one to check out in person, though.

Respected Contributor

Re: Brahmin Lovers: Anyone own the new CHIVE color handbag?

Hello 1Professor ~ I don't have this particular bag. but have an older one in a different style.  The color is very close.  I love mine.  Mine is more matte than this one in your photo.  Great for fall.  If you decide to purchase, I hope you love it.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

Do you have a Dillard's where you live? I know here in Missouri they carry Brahmin.

I have the second one but in a different color and I really like it. Lots of room.

Honored Contributor

I love this color, and I continue to resent the living, um, heck... out of the fact that Dillards has never opened a store in the DC area... I really like Brahmin bags in theory, but I always have a hard time finding a silhouette that I think will really work well for me, in a color I want and on sale for a price I feel good about paying. As a result, I don't have many of this brand.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

I love this color, and I continue to resent the living, um, heck... out of the fact that Dillards has never opened a store in the DC area... I really like Brahmin bags in theory, but I always have a hard time finding a silhouette that I think will really work well for me, in a color I want and on sale for a price I feel good about paying. As a result, I don't have many of this brand.

Pretty color. Would love to see in person. 

Honored Contributor

Gorgeous color, looks like Olive to me and I love it.... I have to go over to Dillards tomorrow just to see them if they have them in.

I love Brahmin bags, really love them.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@1Professor-Gorgeous handbag & color!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

You might want to place a call to Dillards in Stockton.  A ways out of the Bay Area but Labor Day sales are coming up.  I used to visit that store when I went to Lodi to visit my Mom.  Good selection of Brahmins and some exclusives.  This one is a dream if you are a big bag gal.  

product image

Respected Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

You might want to place a call to Dillards in Stockton.  A ways out of the Bay Area but Labor Day sales are coming up.  I used to visit that store when I went to Lodi to visit my Mom.  Good selection of Brahmins and some exclusives.  This one is a dream if you are a big bag gal.  

product image

@Adore the Elsie @hicindy2! Have one in Pecan. It is SO well-organized inside.

Respected Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair: Alas, no Dillard's in the Bay Area. Closest is in Stockton, too many hours of driving away for one handbag.

My best bet appears to be, for CHIVE, to order from Brahmin and trust that I can return it. 

As @stevieb points out, once you fall in love with this color, it lingers in your heart and mind. Yet I've only seen it in pictures. Nordstrom and Macys carry Brahmins, but not many.