Respected Contributor

Maybe it's just me but I'm find their handbags to be so "old looking".  Maybe that's not the right words but the colors are mundane and lack the feeling like "I have to buy one of those". 

Lots of neutrals, funky red, lots of black, and some really pale colors.  Nothing to me to get excited over.  I wonder if their target audience is possibly middle age suited professionals? 

Respected Contributor

No, I don't think it's you.  I just did a quick scan through their website & did not see anything that jumped off the page at me.  I AM old & think your theory may be correct.

Esteemed Contributor

Nothing personal......but I think it may just be you. 

Respected Contributor

Brahmin is more about quality leather and trim and timeless colors.  The colors in person are very rich and have depth.  

Most people think my Brahmin bags cost thousands!

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Maybe it's just me but I'm find their handbags to be so "old looking".  Maybe that's not the right words but the colors are mundane and lack the feeling like "I have to buy one of those". 

Lots of neutrals, funky red, lots of black, and some really pale colors.  Nothing to me to get excited over.  I wonder if their target audience is possibly middle age suited professionals? 

Absolutely you are right!  That's why we buy bags like that and classic bags rather than most of what Dooney and others sell.  We don't go for wild colors and flowers on bags, rather we will probably tend toward more expensive bags we will carry for a longer time.

Clothing, bags and shoes need to say that you are professional, serious about your job and your look, and well dressed and groomed.  Impressions are important when you are negotiating something or pitching an idea.  You want a bag that looks like you are successful and not flashy. Talbots, Nordstroms and some other stores are God-sends for women who are working in the professional world. 

Trusted Contributor

I absolutely love my Brahmins.  They are gorgeous, excellent quality and even come with a warranty.  I get so many compliments from young and old.  They are classic and never go out of style.  Once you own a Brahmin you will not be satisfied with anything else.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have bunches of Brahmin bags and once you buy one it's hard to buy anything else. I have some Dooneys but I still revert back to Brahmin. I only buy their small bags or cross bodies. I'm not into big bags but I love them. The quality is great and the colors are very rich. Yes their bags aren't trendy like Coach but as of late they have been adding different textures and styles to their line. And they use leather not microfiber or cloth.

Respected Contributor

Maybe I should of said "classic" that would be more like I was thinking. 

The pricing is comparable to a Dooney or Coach but I tend to buy something "trendy" and flashy in color.  I get bored too fast and need to switch that's why I constantly wait for Brahmin to make a bag that meets that criteria but I guess from what I'm reading that will not happen. 

They do look like quality bags and it's not the price point, it's the color for me.  I just don't do classic colors anymore.   Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

Trusted Contributor

It's all just a matter of taste.  I'm sure they are high-quality, well made bags (I've seen them in stores and others rave about them), but they're not my cup of tea.  To each her own.

Honored Contributor

Yes, Brahmin has been known for their quality, timeless handbags. It seems that lately they're also offering more trendy choices. IMHO there's something for everybody.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~