Trusted Contributor

Re: Bought a bag I said I'd never buy.....

@faeriemoon wrote:

@gramygram

Thank you for the good wishes.  Smiley Happy

What color do you have your eye on?  I'm not familiar with Dooney's ocean blue so I will look it up.  It sounds lovely though.

@faeriemoon I would love the crimson or one of the lighter browns. The ocean is a very pretty color it looks like denim in some lights. I also love the tmoro brown color Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I have been eyeing that bag for years, and I would love to own one in red.  You are lucky you live close to an outlet.  I will be going traveling in a couple weeks and I'm going to look for some outlets, but we will be going to the mountain states, and I'm not sure if there any outlets there.  I hope you have fun with your new bag, I know I love my 6 Florentines, but I am very careful not to wear them in the rain. There is nothing like a florentine 

Valued Contributor

Dear faeriemoon, I ment to ask you, is it hard to unzip the zipper, and get into the bag? It is the bag that has straps going all around the bag, and comes in mini, small and medium?

Honored Contributor

@QuinnPenny

This is the bag:

The zipper works quite easily, but you have to lift the flap to get into the bag. The good thing is, since there's a flap, you don't really have to zip the bag all the time.  I'm notorious for leaving my satchels open, and this top provides a little more security.

Mind you, I haven't used this bag yet.  I'm saving it for the cooler weather.  

HTH.

Valued Contributor

faerimoon, oh my gosh, your bag is gorgeous, I am so jealous !!  I love the TMoro brown, especially since it has the red trim, maybe I will try and find that one instead if red like I thought I wanted.  Is yours in perfect condition since you got it at an outlet?

Honored Contributor

@QuinnPenny wrote:

faerimoon, oh my gosh, your bag is gorgeous, I am so jealous !!  I love the TMoro brown, especially since it has the red trim, maybe I will try and find that one instead if red like I thought I wanted.  Is yours in perfect condition since you got it at an outlet?

From what I can tell it looks to be perfect.  I brought the bag I wanted up to the register and they went to the back room to get me one wrapped in plastic (totally wrapped; handles, hardware, etc.), then they opened it for me to inspect.  If there's anything wrong with it, I couldn't tell.  I got the impression that this particular style was at the outlet because it was being discontinued, not because it was defective.  They are now making these without the green suede lining around the zipper.  They have changed to a red shiny leather, so I think the green suede lined bags have been shipped off to the outlets. This is my guess, but I could be wrong.   

Valued Contributor

Thank you for the information, I think I will call the outlets and see if they have anymore like yours.  Have fun with your beautiful bag, and thank you for the information.