Honored Contributor

Bought a bag I said I'd never buy.....

I have loved the look of the Florentine small satchel since I first laid eyes on it several years ago.  However, I never took the plunge because I thought it would be a pain to get into.  Recently, I had been re-thinking my position on that issue because a) I still love it, and b) they have changed the lining near the zipper from that lovely green suede to that shiny red "whatever" (which I don't care for) and thought I should jump on a green suede one while there were still a few around.  So I have sort of been on a mission to find one of the originals in either natural or T-Moro.  So, to sum it all up, went to the outlet this weekend and with all the sales and promotions was able to get the $369 satchel (in T Moro) for $147.  

I'm really not an outlet shopper, but this trip was worth it.  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Re: Bought a bag I said I'd never buy.....

Congratulations on your beautiful new bag Faeriemoon. I, too, have always wanted this bag and talked myself out of it because of the weight lol! I was close to picking one up last December at their Tent Sale in Connecticut but I couldn't decide on a color and my Mother winded up picking it up instead.....it really is a beauty. I think this is a bag I will definitely add to my collection inevitably. Enjoy and wear it in happinessSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Good for you!  Enjoy your new bag and wear it often!  what a good shopper you are.

Honored Contributor

@funwun @PamfromCT

Thank you both so much!

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon Congratulations on your excellent find! Dooney's T'Moro brown is my favorite Dooney color -- so rich. And the Florentine small satchel is not too heavy. It's the Florentine medium satchel that's the heavy one, in my opinion. I have your same Florentine small satchel in lavender and I love it. Enjoy it, EEL Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily

Thank you, EEL.  The T Moro is my favorite Dooney color too. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I love Tmoro as well!  Enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I have loved the look of the Florentine small satchel since I first laid eyes on it several years ago.  However, I never took the plunge because I thought it would be a pain to get into.  Recently, I had been re-thinking my position on that issue because a) I still love it, and b) they have changed the lining near the zipper from that lovely green suede to that shiny red "whatever" (which I don't care for) and thought I should jump on a green suede one while there were still a few around.  So I have sort of been on a mission to find one of the originals in either natural or T-Moro.  So, to sum it all up, went to the outlet this weekend and with all the sales and promotions was able to get the $369 satchel (in T Moro) for $147.  

I'm really not an outlet shopper, but this trip was worth it.  Smiley Happy

@faeriemoon congrats on your new bag and what a great price! I personally love this bag but I only have one in ocean blue. I do plan to add one more though Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Congrats. Great bag! I own it. I am jealous that you have an outlet store. I end up paying full retail, usually at Dooney site or department store but sometimes at QVC. There is nowhere to get deals where I live. You are a smart and lucky shopper!

Honored Contributor

Congratulations~!  I hope you really enjoy your new bag!  Sounds really beautiful.

I just did that with the Logo Lock... I'm not a huge bag gal and even more so not a hobo gal but  loved the look of that bag and "just did it" in Mint.  Then I got cold feet and thought what on earth am I going to wear with it.... so I ordered a pair of Rykas in two or three colors that are very complementary (all mint-ish)....

The bag came a few days ago and I've just been staring at it thinking "uh oh" because it IS big.... but every time I came into my computer room and saw the bag I just melted.... it is absolutely a beautiful color... (still big, but beautiful!).  Then today the shoes came and now I have the bag and shoes that will give whatever I wear "some sense" as to why I picked mint...

Then I loaded the bag up for the first time about an hour ago!  Everything fits beautifully.  I don't even need my Purseket (which I thought I would)...  nothing is slopping around in there.  I can put the purse on a flat surface and it doesn't puddle. It's a big bag but all my stuff fits beautifully and I don't find it too heavy!!

I'm floored that I'm loving it SO much.....  

OH, and the little kiss-lock that comes with it.... bigger than I thought and I can use it for my "catch all"  which I didn't think I would be able too.  No wonder people keep coming back for multiples of this bag.... it's truly wonderful and I'm so glad I decided to try it!!!

Woman LOLWoman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*