Respected Contributor

Re: Beware ...Bait and Switch!!!

Maybe a few customers cancelled their orders?  I have had that happen to me as well.  Host will say something is sold out and when I check back in a few minutes it is available. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
   From Merriam-Webster:   Definition of bait and switch

1 : a sales tactic in which a customer is attracted by the advertisement of a low-priced item but is then encouraged to buy a higher-priced one

---

Doesn't sound like a "bait and switch" to me.

(ETA:  When I look at this on my computer, it lops off the first letters of the first line.  No idea why it does that!  I've just tried to edit it.)
Honored Contributor

@G-Square wrote:

I now know why I do not like social media or blogs.  It is a reader's interpretation.

The difference in this case was the same bag and a HIGHER price of $279, not

the price when I attempted the initial purchase.  

Thank you all for your comments, but I am sure, like me, you have a life beyond

this blog and other things to do. And for those who seem concerned with the title,

I changed it.  I have no affinity for the title/tag (and yes, I know the meaning of that 

term as well.  Have a super day and what is left of the weekend.

@G-Square

Sometimes a 'special price' is only good for that day or even that show.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

What could possibly be gained by QVC to do what you are suggesting?

They make an extra $50 because you buy a more expensive bag?  I just don't get your logic.

I understand you are disappointed that you weren't able to order the bag you wanted, when you wanted it.  But it's available now, so call Customer Service and have them cancel the alternate bag you bought and order you the one you want.

If the price or S&H or Easy Pay are different, they will adjust it for you.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@G-Square wrote:

I appreciate your comment, yet I do know what the term means and my post is based upon my opinion and experiece, so please respect that.

@G-Square.  Suggest you Google "bail and switch scheme".  Your opinion is wrong.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@G-Square I think the reason the bag was no longer available is probably as has been suggested, cancellations and buyer's remorse. I do agree, though, it's annoying to see an item one had selected but was no longer available back in stock the next day but at a higher price. A call explaining what occurred might net you the bag and color you wanted at the lower price. I sort of doubt it, but it might be worth a try.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@G-Square wrote:

I appreciate your comment, yet I do know what the term means and my post is based upon my opinion and experiece, so please respect that.

@G-Square.  Suggest you Google "bail and switch scheme".  Your opinion is wrong.

@Kachina624- One of the posters on these forums has the quote something like:

"You're entitled to your own opinion, but you're not entitled to your own facts."

It's the first thing I thought of, when I read the OP's response!

Respected Contributor

@G-Square wrote:

Bait and Switch is when a seller advertises a product for a low price (the Bait") and when you go to purchase it, they try to talk you out of it (telling you it is an inferior product, or not having the product available at all) and sell you a much higher priced item (the "switch").

The Q does not engage in Bait and Switch..it is virtually impossible to do so when selling on line as the consumer is in complete control of the decision to buy. Furthermore, the Q is not advertising products that aren't available;  they clearly tell you when an item is Sold Out--they even remove the item from view when on air and have the model leave the stage!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

@G-Square - This is not a bait and switch. Please, before you title something with that terminology, know what it is before you post. 

You are making claims that don't hold up and are a "bait & switch" in your mind. 

Perhaps shopping at the Q is not for you.

Honored Contributor

@G-Square@Call customer service and see what they will do.