New Contributor

Beware ...Bait and Switch!!!

[ Edited ]

I am an avid Dooney & Bourke fan, with close to 15 and I spend a fortune on QVC.  Last night I saw a new style, the Belvedere Leather Small Logo Lock Satchel, and put the Pink in my Cart and started the checkout.  Site showed an error in my cart and I had to start over...adding it to my cart the 2nd time showed the Pink on "waitlist."  Add to that the Host removed the Pink from display and said it was 'sold out'. I wanted it for delivery on 2/13 (paying the $15+) and decided to order the Allison instead; albeit in a different color.

All of a sudden today, the same Belvedere Leather Small Logo Lock Satchel in Pink is  'In Stock'. This is totally wrong and is beyond absurd. QVC makes it convenient to purchase, but these kinds of tactics need to be reported. 

QVC is playing games. I've thought this happened a few times before, but am absolutely sure this time.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Beware ...Bait and Switch!!!

Super Contributor

Try calling Customer Service and maybe they can give you an explanation.

Respected Contributor

@G-Square wrote:

I am an avid Dooney & Bourke fan, with close to 15 and I spend a fortune on QVC.  Last night I saw a new style, the Belvedere Leather Small Logo Lock Satchel, and put the Pink in my Cart and started the checkout.  Site showed an error in my cart and I had to start over...adding it to my cart the 2nd time showed the Pink on "waitlist."  Add to that the Host removed the Pink from display and said it was 'sold out'. I wanted it for delivery on 2/13 (paying the $15+) and decided to order the Allison instead; albeit in a different color.

All of a sudden today, the same Belvedere Leather Small Logo Lock Satchel in Pink is all of a sudden 'In Stock'. This is totally wrong and is beyond absurb. QVC makes it convenient to purchase, but these kinds of tactics need to be reported. 

QVC is playing games. I've thought this happened a few times before, but am absolutely sure this time.  

@G-Square, Q is not playing games, and it's not bait and switch.

Probably lots of orders were placed for the pink, and it indeed was sold put. Later, there was/were cancellation(s), so now the color is available again. 

Cancel your otber order and order the one you want. 

Honored Contributor

That just means that the pink sold out, but some buyers cancelled their orders or did not complete their purchase.

Some people put an item on check hold to think about it, then decide they don't want it, so it's returned to stock.

No 'bait & switch' there.

When an item/color I want is sold out, I just keep checking back and most times a couple show back up for these reasons.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@G-Square.  Your experience was NOT bait and switch.  I wish people would learn what a bait and switch scheme is and quit using the term erroneously. 

Why do you think QVC would not want to sell you merchandise?  Isn't that why they exist?  Things sell out fast in popular colors.  People change their minds, credit cards fail to approve purchases, then stock is available again.  So buy it today if you really want it.  They are not playing games.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
New Contributor

Thank you for the info...that would seem an obvious step, yet this is not the first time it has happened.

Incidentally, the price changes when it miraculously comes back in stock.  Oh, forgot to mention....orders "In Process" for delivery by 2/13 cannot be canceled, but thanks again.

New Contributor

I appreciate your comment, yet I do know what the term means and my post is based upon my opinion and experiece, so please respect that.

Honored Contributor

Why would that would be bait and switch on QVC's part?  Makes no commercial sense to switch a buyer to a much less expensive bag.

I know I learned about bait and switch decades ago -  has the definition changed?   Me?I'd be happy to spend way less.

New Contributor

I now know why I do not like social media or blogs.  It is a reader's interpretation.

The difference in this case was the same bag and a HIGHER price of $279, not

the price when I attempted the initial purchase.  

Thank you all for your comments, but I am sure, like me, you have a life beyond

this blog and other things to do. And for those who seem concerned with the title,

I changed it.  I have no affinity for the title/tag (and yes, I know the meaning of that 

term as well.  Have a super day and what is left of the weekend.