Valued Contributor

I see that Bethany is now with Vince Camuto but does anyone know the status of Oryany bags? I love my Oryany bags and Bethany is the absolute cutest! She did such a good job with the Oryany presentations. So I don't know if they are phasing out Oryany and that is why she became Camuto representative.

Does anyone know?

Honored Contributor

There has been lots of speculation on the boards, but I haven't seen anything confirmed. I will say they have put up a new bag within the last few weeks. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

I wish they would give us some sort of update or information. ORYANY is my go-to designer for handbags and I've feared that they've been on life support for several years, now.

The website is never kept updated, in fact, now, when you go there, it diverts to QVC.com.  So sad, because these bags are truly special.

I am encouraged that a new bag was released for this season.  I just wish there were lots and lots more, which is the case with other handbag designs like Aimee Kestenberg, etc.

Honored Contributor

@Suziqzeewrote:

I wish they would give us some sort of update or information. ORYANY is my go-to designer for handbags and I've feared that they've been on life support for several years, now.

The website is never kept updated, in fact, now, when you go there, it diverts to QVC.com.  So sad, because these bags are truly special.

I am encouraged that a new bag was released for this season.  I just wish there were lots and lots more, which is the case with other handbag designs like Aimee Kestenberg, etc.

Because their site now links to QVC I've wondered if, to the extent they remain a brand, they've become a QVC house brand. At one time, this brand could be widely found, but not anymore. I've long felt they're on their way out or are otherwise going into a very limited distribution scenario. There's a lot of competition among handbag brands and brands seem to come and go often.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

@steviebwrote:

@Suziqzeewrote:

Because their site now links to QVC I've wondered if, to the extent they remain a brand, they've become a QVC house brand. At one time, this brand could be widely found, but not anymore. I've long felt they're on their way out or are otherwise going into a very limited distribution scenario. There's a lot of competition among handbag brands and brands seem to come and go often.

That has been my fear also, @stevieb. Anthropologie used to carry ORYANY bags. Such a shame. I've found that both QVC and HSN seem to have tapered off on their handbag offerings, significantly, these past few years.  Maybe handbags aren't as hot as they were, a few years back? All I seem to see nowadays are tiny little crossbody bags. I like Patricia Nash, but I also find her bags to be too small. I like a nice mid-to-large sized hobo, the kind ORYANY always did so beautifully.

Honored Contributor

@Suziqzee I've heard that bags aren't quite the hot commodity they have been for the past many years... On top of that these home shopping outfits increasingly rely on a very narrow set of brands they offer, so I no longer really look for bags here. On top of the limited selection, the prices and shipping just aren't on a level playing field. oryany might well resurface or reinvent itself, but as of right now, their offerings and venues to buy them seem pretty limited. I'm with you on the small crossbodies. I have no use for them.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I'd guess that Oryany is on the way out the door just like one of the owner's predessors Maxx N.Y handbags. I notice that the shopping channels now just bring in brands that already exist in bricks and mortar stores -- as if the consumer isn't smart enough to shop around for the best price or look for deals at other retailers too.

As well the price of leather handbags has gone up a lot, especially in the last 5 years. Since I already have a lot of nice handbags I'm in no hurry to buy any. My last handbag purchase was a nice Michael Kors bag from the Saks off 5th outlet store last Labor Day weekend in September. When I look back I bought only 1 bag in 2017 and only 2 bags in 2016 and that was spring of 2016. If I am the typical customer, I won't pay high prices for average leather bags no matter where they are from. That has got to be hurting handbag manufacturers when the consumer disappears.

The writing is also on the wall when a vendor rep jumps ship from one brand to another, IMO. I thought Bethanie was an OK handbag rep for Oryany and she's an OK one for the Camuto line. Oryany seemed to be dead in the water for more than a year when they had some repeat TSV last year.

Respected Contributor

Bethanie did say on her Facebook page that there is a new rep for Oryany.  The person's name was not given, but it is good to know that the brand is staying at the Q.

Honored Contributor

@stellabystarlightwrote:

Bethanie did say on her Facebook page that there is a new rep for Oryany.  The person's name was not given, but it is good to know that the brand is staying at the Q.

I didn't know this.  Thanks for the info, as I thought the brand was a goner.  I have been stalking them on ebay and have picked up quite a few there at good prices.  All NWT. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Just yesterday I saw that there is an hour long OrYany show on Sunday, April 15th. I just wonder if they will have new bags or just present the ones they have in stock. I buy most of my OrYany bags from eBay at great prices, some are new with tags and others are pre-owned, but they are in great condition. There is one seller I follow on eBay that has orYany that I have never seen before. She has some leather bags with floral prints that I think are very pretty and different.