Honored Contributor

I dug out an old belt bag (aka fanny pack).  

In cooler weather, I just put stuff I needed in my coat pocket and went out and did my errands.  (I don't like pockets in m pants for various reasons.)  Warmer weather - no jacket or coat w/pockets and  don't want to carry a bag.

I'm converting to belt bags for the summer unless I'm going someplace that where I have a need to carry extra stuff.  Then it's a cross-body bag.  

I ordered the one that was on QVC recently and two others from Amazon.  Amazon has a better selection, more colors and lower prices, and quicker shippng.  

This is the QVC purchase .... hasn't arrived yet.

Triforce Quilted Nylon Belt Bag - F14385

Honored Contributor

I use a Lori Grenier magnetic bag.  You put it in your waistband and strong magnets inside and outside hold it firmly in place.  It can't be seen or felt but is easy to access.  Best thing she ever made.  I always wear it shopping. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

i needed a fanny pack for when i take my dog to the dog park here in our community.  we get there via golf cart and when i get there all i need with me is my phone, a couple of tissues and the key to the golf cart.  don't usually have adequate pockets.   it was HARD finding a fanny pack locally, but i scored the last one at walmart.  it's not pretty, but it does the trick!  

Respected Contributor

I just dragged out some of my old belt bags too.  I don't put things in my pockets very often and I need a secure place for my IPhone 12 Pro Max.  I have a couple leather ones that will hold my phone and a couple other items.  It is nice making use of items I already have.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

I used to own a couple. They were great when I took my class on field trips, because I already had to carry a backpack with emergency info, student medicines, etc.

I had a really nice leather one that had a slim profile. It was MaxxNY brand from the Q many years ago. I don't own any currently. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I use a Lori Grenier magnetic bag.  You put it in your waistband and strong magnets inside and outside hold it firmly in place.  It can't be seen or felt but is easy to access.  Best thing she ever made.  I always wear it shopping. 

@Kachina624 

I wish they still sold those. I missed out. Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2   When it became obvious they were being discontinued, I bought an extra. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have morphed a couple of cross body bags into belt bags when the need arose.  They were very adjustable, and even too large at the smallest point, but when threaded through belt loops, they stayed up just fine.  I liked them because they were flat against the body.

Traditional fanny packs have a poof factor that I don't like.

Esteemed Contributor

I have this Amy Kestenberg bag. I usually wear it cross body rather than as a belt bag.

download (1).jpeg

Honored Contributor

I have an obnoxious leather one from the 90's with an American Flag on it.  No way I was going to give it away or sell it and what do you know, I've put it back into service again.  I love red, white and blue and actually have a dark wooden chest with an American Flag crafted on top..... love all of it!  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*