Trusted Contributor

Re: Basic Question about Handbags

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

I finally invested in a Dooney bag, and never have I been so disappointed.  I shoudl have sent it back right away but I did not. It was the zip zip and the zippers both of them are so hard to work its ridiculous.  Pretty bag and I will use it because I spent the money on it but will never be able to open the zippers all the way.  I tried using soap, graphite and such but they just are difficult to open.  UGH, lesson learned.

I fell in love with Tignanello years ago and still love those bags with never an issue.

I don't know how long you've had your bag, or where you bought it, but, it sounds like you have a defective bag. It can happen, with any line, but, at Dooney prices, you certainly have a right to expect a quality bag. The zippers, on the zip zip, should operate easily. 

Can you contact customer service, where you bought the bag, and at least see, if they can help you out?

Honored Contributor

Personally, I wouldn’t spend the money on an expensive bag. They are a low priority item.

My thing is colorful totes I buy as souvenirs when I travel.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bonnielu IMHO, it depends on the person and what they are looking for/want.

Some of my most favorite clutches are freebie cosmetic bags. They're large enough to hold everything I need plus they are stylish. Love them.

My current everyday bag is a Vera Bradley backpack I bought 20 some years ago when my second child was a toddler (I went on to have 2 more children). This was my "playground" diaper bag when all I needed was sippy cups, 2 diapers, a pack of wipes and my stuff (ID, keys, phone, etc). Perfect for that kind of stuff. I use it now because I can plop it in the washing machine after being in the shops (you don't know what it has touched).

I have my old Coach bags (a few) from back in the early 80's that are gorgeous and classic in design from when I graduated college.

I have my LV's and Chanels from when I was working professional and no children.

I have my QVC GILI that were a great deal, sturdy and more appropriate at work than my designer bags. Bags from Nordstrom Rack and a few from TJ Maxx that are great from work, well made and stylish/classic.

I now have a  few Hermes bags that I could never afford but inherited.

To me, a bag that is well made and fits my lifestyle is what matters. If I can justify the price by how often I will use that bag, then the cost is secondary. The quality of the old Coach bags is miles above what Coach makes now. The leather on the Hermes is...sublime. Still, I could never afford one so thank you Grandma and Mom for passing them on to me.

Then again, sometimes you just want to splurge on a special something like a Judith Leiber cupcake bag, lol.

"Coming to ya from Florida"