Honored Contributor

Re: Bag-ettes... The Beat Goes On...

@stevieb If you're 'going there' with studs, the studs need to show in my opinion, so I would go with the Black in this one! It's very cool looking!  Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb  Black (no surprise). 

@EdithEllenLily :  you'll like this one.  Stay organized and minimalized. Channeling Marie Kondo anyone ?? 

No photo description available.

Time to brag a bit:  well, maybe not, but whatever. I have labeled plastic stackable file boxes for all my tax returns going back 7 years on the top shelf of my walk in closet and my seasonal decor is neatly stored in plastic bins in cupboards in the garage. I do confess to having one kitchen junk drawer and I throw clothes and bags on a leather chair in the bedroom. I organized all my make up in a handyman tool caddy and keep my lotions and potions in a mini fridge. 

Rubbermaid 1880995 Gray Executive Divided Carry Caddy

This took years to achieve.  Was very organized at work except for a top desk drawer filled with post its. dried out pens, and tangled paper clips. Home was a different story in the "olden" days. Mr. HC still leaves things strewn about (scissors, jackets, shoes etc.) and it drives me NUTS. He used to organize huge hi tech assembly lines for major corporations and now he can't find his car keys and glasses half the time. Not a memory problem thankfully, just plain annoying. However, move one thing in HIS garage and he is all over it. Sigh...

Can't pick on him though.  He is down at the outdoor gym, under the tent, and the wind and rain are blowing sideways. That's a Taurus for you !! This is even his year in the Chinese Zodiac. 

Roseville_Cardio

Esteemed Contributor

@Leeny  Speaking of "UFDA", Mr. HC's mom was Norwegian and one year they did all Scandinavian treats for Christmas at the relative's home. A parade of heavy rye bread, pickled herring, lefse. So, driving home, they asked Mr. HC, age seven, what he though about this cultural experience. He replied:  "I wish I was an Italian boy." Oh dear... they never told the hosts. 

And you are right:  waiting for the perfect (on sale) bag that says:  SPRING, We Made It !!

Lenox Celebrate Easter 10-Piece Ornament Set, Tree not Included

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Leeny  Speaking of "UFDA", Mr. HC's mom was Norwegian and one year they did all Scandinavian treats for Christmas at the relative's home. A parade of heavy rye bread, pickled herring, lefse. So, driving home, they asked Mr. HC, age seven, what he though about this cultural experience. He replied:  "I wish I was an Italian boy." Oh dear... they never told the hosts. 

And you are right:  waiting for the perfect (on sale) bag that says:  SPRING, We Made It !!

@hicindy2 et al: Funny that you mentioned searching for the perfect spring bag. I've found mine. In keeping with my new favorite Coach silhouette-- the Coach Gallery Tote-- l gifted myself this one for Christmas. (l had purchased it a few months ago, and packed it away Woman Very Happy). It's the signature perforated leather. Can't wait to get through this winter, and start carrying it!

62BA0055-AD64-4797-9D4F-14846262F18F.jpeg

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@hicindy2 wrote:

@hicindy2 et al: Funny that you mentioned searching for the perfect spring bag. I've found mine. In keeping with my new favorite Coach silhouette-- the Coach Gallery Tote-- l gifted myself this one for Christmas. (l had purchased it a few months ago, and packed it away Woman Very Happy). It's the signature perforated leather. Can't wait to get through this winter, and start carrying it!

62BA0055-AD64-4797-9D4F-14846262F18F.jpeg

@handygal2  Nice bag!👜 Why wait? Enjoy it now!😍

Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2   That's lovely and the perforations make it unique. Heart

Paperproducts Design 1252873 Beverage Napkin, Vicki Sawyer, Meadow Buzz

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2 wrote:

@hicindy2  I'd have to say the 7 y.o. Mister Hi got it right... Nothing against the Norwegian dinner experience, but, well, yuk... I'll take Italian too... As for spring, I'm in no hurry, but then we've really had no winter here, even though it surely has rained a lot with, it seems, an awful lot of cloudy days... Maybe I could adjust to the PNW... I'm now tolerating rather dreary skies quite well... Perhaps it's because they match the overall tone of things right about now...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

In my family of Swedish origins we say UFFDA (emphasis on the extra F). One holiday tradition in the Lutheran church: Lucia. Dress little girls up and curl their hair, coat it with lots of hair spray to hold the curls, and then make them wear wreaths with REAL CANDLES on their heads! Just an accident waiting to happen - I always feared becoming a human matchstick.

UFFDA indeed!

P.S. Was cleaning out my mother's closet - she's moved to a residential care home - and found a pristine structured felt bag with appliques a la Radley style! I'll try to take a pic and post.

Esteemed Contributor

@LonestarBabs  Happy New Year.  Good to see you here !!

Poor California is in such a mess; all my bags have a "wipe clean" surface. The stores are putting Easter decorations out already.  I think everyone here just wants to move on already.  Maybe wishing will make it so.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

I was just so surprised to see that Dooney made the Croco Fino Small Satchel (which really isn't that small...more of a medium) again and it's on the main Dooney site! Woman Surprised No blue though. Even though I am not going to buy any more of these, I still admire them. And I've never seen it in the very pretty white.

B1980D_4CWH4CWH0001

@EdithEllenLily 

First, Happy New Year!  I've been staying away from this thread  ... foremost is "temptation."  But I saw this pic and your comment and wondered about this satchel.

I just put two in my cart  of the Florentine satchel in dark chocolate and chestnut ... both are "As is."  

My question.. do you own either of these colors ... how about the overall functionality?   Price seems to be good.