Honored Contributor

Re: Bag-ettes... The Beat Goes On...

You have my address for the dutch apple pie right @Leeny  Woman Tongue

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hello all!  I know I only pop in here from time to time, but I wanted to post my latest acquisition (since I tend to harp on it.)  As you know I have a collection of these, but here's the color I was determined to grab:

Mark & Graham The Elisabetta Slouch Handbag | 7 Handbag Trends You'll Be  Seeing Everywhere This Fall — and Where to Shop Them | POPSUGAR Fashion  Photo 12

Mark and Graham Elisabetta Slouch Handbag in Kelly Green.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon  Great bag... That's the color that first reeled me in and it's gorgeous. If I ever get one of these bags it'll probably be between the Kelly green, the cobalt, the black or the black croco. I love the colors, but at that price there'll likely only be one, if that, and so a neutral might win out.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

If you lived closer you could come and pick up a couple of pieces. I know if it weren't for covid you could come in and have a cup of coffee and and pie too.Woman Happy

@Bird mama wrote:

You have my address for the dutch apple pie right @Leeny  Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Which of the apple pies is the one with raisins and a sort of glaze icing? I think it's a version of French apple... Make mine that one...  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

You now I was thinking about buying a Lodis handbag.  I noticed the Q had some so of course I sought out the Lodis site directly.  What the Q is charging $169 for, Lodis was selling for $139.  The hitch is that returns are allowed with Lodis on regular price bags, so I choked.

Ellie Satchel - Large

This site would probably sell more bags directly if they showed a photo for each color swatch.  I like the red and I like the shade of yellow they sell.  They show the different colors they sell in a variety of different styles.  It would be nice if  Ellie was shown in every color.

This is the Bryant in Yellow

You would think they'd give measurement for the bag Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

I stand corrected - the Q is charging 199.99 for the large Ellie

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama  I'm not surprised at the Q's mark-up, it seems they do really overcharge for so many things. As a brand, it seems Lodis used to be far more available. I used to often see them at DSW and a few others stores but a quick search would indicate they've become hard to find. I did see measurements for the large Ellie at 10x12x5. That website of theirs really is pretty limited. No color pictures, no various shots of the bag, no views of the inside. No sale!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb  Back in 2016, the Q offered a Lodis brand pouch set.

https://www.qvc.com/LODIS-Leather-RFID-Pouch-and-Coin-Purse-Set.product.A278327.html?productNumber=a...

I bought the butterfly pattern and I'm pretty sure a couple of us on this thread bought the set in different colors.

When I stumbled across the presentation of the Lodis Ellie satchels (large and small) and listened to part of the presentation, the rep for the brand made it seem like this was some new launch of the Lodis brand.  I thought, wait a minute, I bought something by Lodis is 2016.  Maybe this was a new guy who didn't know Lodis was here at the Q before and that Q customers were familiar with Lodis.

Odd all the way around.  Incidentally the red color ain't bad either in the Ellie.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama  Darn, that link doesn't land anywhere. Says the page can't be found. But it seems to me QVC is somewhat famous for letting brands go and then, at some point, resurrecting them. It also sounds like perhaps Lodis is in the process of reinventing itself, so probably this designer has no idea of any past association with QVC. Nice looking bag in all colors, though the lilac is, perhaps, a bit cloying for me and I didn't care for the brown. Both sizes are nice. Of course, I'd probably opt for the larger size. Like the Bryant in yellow and really like the Bryant tote with suede...