Honored Contributor

Re: Bag-ettes... The Beat Goes On...

[ Edited ]

@Leeny  I still see some of the 'old' names over on the new forums and they are often quite active. I chat with Edith occasionally. Cindy is pretty exclusively pursuing her own thread and a thread devoted to canvas bags sold on Esty, so we don't often interact these days. They both tend to focus on Cindy's thread, posting the same few brands they've long found interesting: Wallace, Bradley, Portland Leather... Our friend Pecky visits over there, as do a few others, and there are some nice newer posters, but the days of our tight knit little group are gone with the wind.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

@stevieb  Glad to be back, although I don't check the boards as much as I used to. No new bag purchases for me due to budget and lifestyle, but it's still fun to look! I'm afraid the wind has gone out of my sails on a number of things but I hope it's only temporary.

BTW -- Gone With The Wind is my favorite movie  ;-)

Honored Contributor

I think there's a common perception that logo bags have jumped the shark, but for some reason I like this DKNY tote for summer in either the cheerful yellow or a true deep orange. Also comes in other colors and in larger or smaller sizes. I prefer the larger size but I believe this is the smaller.

DKNY -

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb  For some odd reason I like this bag, too. Is the logo on both sides? A bright, fun color option. It looks to be canvas, which is a refreshing change from "vegan" faux leather.

EDITED to add: I just checked "M" website -- it's on sale! Emilee Tote. The yellow, lime zest and fiery orange are nice. Logo only on one side, which I prefer.

Getting back on board with this group is just going to cause trouble for me...I can tell...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DrBabs wrote:

@stevieb  For some odd reason I like this bag, too. Is the logo on both sides? A bright, fun color option. It looks to be canvas, which is a refreshing change from "vegan" faux leather.

EDITED to add: I just checked "M" website -- it's on sale! Emilee Tote. The yellow, lime zest and fiery orange are nice. Logo only on one side, which I prefer.

Getting back on board with this group is just going to cause trouble for me...I can tell...

Woman Wink @DrBabs... Didn't you know, trouble is my middle name... Woman Surprised

I like the bag too, in yellow and in orange, and there's a smaller version too, though I prefer the larger bag... The yellow is tempting me...

Super Contributor

@stevieb  I need another bag like I need a hole in the head. Guess I'd better get a big hat! LOL

The sale price of $89 at M is not helping...

Super Contributor

@stevieb  Did you get the DKNY canvas bag or were you able to resist the temptation? I became focused on other non-bag things so my budget stayed safe.

Honored Contributor

@DrBabs  No, the yellow sold out while I was dithering... Probably a good thing...

Honored Contributor

Just when you thought no one was ever going to post on this thread again Woman Very Happy

I finally changed into this JCP handbag today.  I bought it months ago and it felt like a late summer, early fall shade to me.  I like it.

Shoulder Bag $14.99 (Reg $60) | Free Stuff Finder

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

There's a snowball's chance in Hades she will see this however

@EdithEllenLily 

Happy Birthday Gif - IceGif

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise