Respected Contributor

Re: Bag-ettes... The Beat Goes On...

@stevieb 

Oh I know Kohl's is not what it use to be and I am speaking way before Covid hit. Shopping now is like a full time job just trying to find what you know that you want or need and then to find the best price

I just went over to HSN community and that sure is nothing like it was here. In fact like not much at all. This was my first time ever checking it out and I can see why there isn't much action over there. I imagine their forum will be shut down eventually too.

The new forum over at Proboards is going to take some getting use to for me. There is just a lot more steps to do and things to remember. Old habits die hard. 

Mr.L feels under the weather this evening, our youngest son called and he has strep throat. I tell you it is something all the time. Plus I have that darn dentist appointment at 10am tomorrow. I swear when I get done I am coming home to hibernate.  Plus it's suppose to rain tomorrow so that will make for good sleeping weather.  My arthritis hates it, but my sleeping loves it.

My big finds at Kohl's were one man's wallet on clearance and a woman's wallet on clearance and 2 crew neck longsleeved tee;s. It took me almost 1 1/2 hrs just to find that to use my K.cash on. It was terrible .

Honored Contributor

You know I was looking for a cheap handbag and I think new inventory must be stuck on all those tankers that are off the coast of California (?).  I finally ordered this Rosetti bag from JCP.  It will do.

Rosetti Jasper Convertible Shoulder Bag

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama  Pretty pattern on the bag... And heck, by the time those ships can dock and unload, you have to wonder how much of the stuff on board will have dry rotted...

Woman Surprised

Besides, as the old saying goes, a bird in the hand... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb  It's more square than I would have liked but I'll deal with it.  Yea, you gotta wonder what is happening to merchandise in those hot ships (yuck).

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama @stevieb 

I like your bag Birdie. I don't think our Penny store ever had anything like that. 

Speaking of hot things on those cargo ships. I know how I fee when I get over heated so I can only imagine the things getting hot there. Like the old saying goes. CASH I;ll take CASH. 

Didn't sleep good last night. Up and down on the hour. Ridiculous, I know. I had my dental appointment and all went pretty good for the first time with this dentist. He said my teeth and bridge and crown all look good. The hygienist tried to use the laser pik on me, but my teeth are pretty sensitive so she had to do it the old fashion way on the old lady. I just can't take any kind of pain.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama  Are you going to do your nice Back Fence posts over on ProBoards ?  Will you let us know when and where if you decide ??

@stevieb  Thanks so much for the tips on using the insert on pics and the copy image address over on the new site.  Happy now. Heart

Honored Contributor

Will do @hicindy2 

Honored Contributor

Just a quick word to some of the semi-regulars that haven't shown up lately, just wanted you to know that with QVC apparently intent on shutting down their forums, we have migrated over to a new host. Hoping those interested will join us at mellyg.proboards.com... 

@1Professor  @skyblue  @Blingqueen023 

If any of the regulars can think of others that we might inform, please do so...

Honored Contributor

The Q is not shutting down the community - there has been a change of heart apparently, lol.  This notice is at the top of the page on the main blogs & Forums page.

WE HEARD YOU!

We understand how much you value this space as a place to make meaningful connections and share what’s on your mind. So, as we continue to build out our community experience—both onsite and on other platforms—we’re keeping our Blogs & Forums live. We also invite you to visit the We #loveQVC Facebook group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/weloveqvc to experience the wonderful and engaging community our team has begun to build there as well. Now, stay tuned. We will be reaching out through our Blogs & Forums to learn how we can continue to grow, shape, and evolve the future of our communities at QVC with you. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, I saw where they'd opted to remain in the game. That's nice but I'm sticking with the new boards, where more freedom of expression exists. I will continue with the new 'Bagettes' thread over there and when it comes time for a new thread in the New Year, it will be over there. Others are free, of course, to do as they wish, but as far as I'm concerned, QVC shot themselves in the foot and I'd just as soon leave their guidelines and their moderation behind, for the most part, though I'll keep my account here open and use these boards from time to time. As far as I'm concerned, they shouldn't have started this shut down nonsense and I feel as though they were playing us.