Respected Contributor

Re: Bag-ettes... The Beat Goes On...

Has anyone noticed how COACH has gone off the deep end with their ads? These sad, frumpy women posing in a low budget portrait studio don't compel me to purchase the brand. Quite the opposite. 🤦🏼‍♀️❌🚫👜B5CA8C45-B26C-4CCA-8C20-B58A116E3180.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@skyblue   Well, they fooled me because I thought the only woman in the group was the blonde.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

You aren't the only that has this happen to them and telling themselves, enough is enough. If the bag doesn't measure up to their measurements, be sure to let them know. I've gotten dinged at Macy's a few times. Shopping on line is convenient, but not when you have to keep returning items. We need to get back into the stores if any of them will be around when we can get back.

@stevieb wrote:

I think I might have made yet another error by ordering online, I keep saying I'm going to put it on hold based on sizing that isn't what it appears to be. I recently ordered from TJ's and based on the size of the box, I'm thinking this will be a return. Hope upon opening I'm wrong but if not, when will I ever learn.

Respected Contributor

One word for this COACH ad: Awful!

@skyblue wrote:

Has anyone noticed how COACH has gone off the deep end with their ads? These sad, frumpy women posing in a low budget portrait studio don't compel me to purchase the brand. Quite the opposite. 🤦🏼‍♀️❌🚫👜B5CA8C45-B26C-4CCA-8C20-B58A116E3180.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

With that grungy new ad, it seems that Coach is targeting a specific demographic that I imagine doesn't include any of us here! IMO, Coach needs to hire a new ad agency-- and/or director of marketing-- promptly, before they permanently ruin their classy image!

To me, the models look like they're angry that they have to visit a construction site in their party dresses, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I think they are targeting a group that wouldn't carry a Coach @handygal2   Bless their hearts Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Today hit 50 Degrees outside. It's nice and sunny and guess what? We have snow in the forecast for tomorrow and Tuesday. They mentioned 4 inches.. oh yipee. 

I changed into my Sundance red bag today. I don't really know why? I guess I was tired of the Kipling (the black shoulder bag) I had moved into. The"mouth" of it is quite small and I hate to have to dig around to find anything. 

It looks just like spring today, but it's what I call fooler weather. Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leeny... I too want to be done with winter, but I don't look forward to it getting too warm. We've had some very warm days for this time of year, with more on the horizon, and I haven't really much enjoyed them, mostly because they tended to be a bit muggy. Then it slips back into cold and windy and those aren't pleasant either. Let's just see some calm days with moderate temperatures and I'll be satisfied. No new bags on the horizon here. I had my eye on a few at Macy's but have been disappointed at their sizing upon arrival and really wish they'd picture their bags on real people and not those fake mannequins. Doesn't matter, though, because they were at a good sale price but actually went way up for President's Day. Go figure.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure what demographic that Coach ad is supposed to appeal to. Nothing about it would seem to reasonably resonate with much of anybody other, possibly, than as a bad joke. Living proof that Madison Avenue has outlasted their fifteen minutes and that brand buyers of ads aren't very bright. I've never liked ads, but do miss the days when they were at least more aspirational, were pretty to look at and when models were attractive, well dressed, well groomed, smiled and, well, looked like models. Oh, and by the way, there isn't a single one of those bags I'd want.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

Girl, you know what? If they had ads like this back in the day for handbags, we probably wouldn't be handbag nuts. I am just saying that kind of ad wouldn't have never ever appealed to me. I am pretty conservative now and I was even in my late teens. I think it is time to move onto  something better looking. Maybe I should be looking in Vintage stores. lol. 

@stevieb wrote:

I'm not sure what demographic that Coach ad is supposed to appeal to. Nothing about it would seem to reasonably resonate with much of anybody other, possibly, than as a bad joke. Living proof that Madison Avenue has outlasted their fifteen minutes and that brand buyers of ads aren't very bright. I've never liked ads, but do miss the days when they were at least more aspirational, were pretty to look at and when models were attractive, well dressed, well groomed, smiled and, well, looked like models. Oh, and by the way, there isn't a single one of those bags I'd want.