Respected Contributor

Re: Bag-ettes... The Beat Goes On...

@shoesnbags 

That would be living the dream. I wish it was my collection.....

@Leeny 

Before I read your post, I thought this might be your personal collection of bags that you were sorting through! Smiley Surprised 

Honored Contributor

@Leeny  Oh come on now, admit it, that's your private stash of designer bags... You've been holding out on us...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

You make me laugh..Woman LOL I wish I did own that collection. Like @handygal2 said, she likes the burgundy LV. That would be my pick too.  I am holding out, but not on this; I'd like a one way ticket to somewhere without having to fly. 

@stevieb wrote:

@Leeny  Oh come on now, admit it, that's your private stash of designer bags... You've been holding out on us...

Honored Contributor

Does it say something about the forums being sort of underwhelming that folks are suddenly bumping years old threads...? Hmmm...  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@stevieb 

You make me laugh..Woman LOL I wish I did own that collection. Like @handygal2 said, she likes the burgundy LV. That would be my pick too.  I am holding out, but not on this; I'd like a one way ticket to somewhere without having to fly. 

@stevieb wrote:

@Leeny  I'm not thinking I could pick just one, but do like the same one you and @handygal2 have chosen. As for travel, right now, regardless of the conveyance, it couldn't interest me less. I don't even want to leave the house most days, much less go anywhere else. It's a real shame some of us are literally becoming phobic. We need this to end or at least to see some real progress being made instead of the endless talk about the endless variants and on and on...

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

I agree with you totally. I just have wishful thinking going on with traveling or getting away. For one thing there is no where to go safe, but one's own home. I am just getting so tired of not being able to live our lives like we dreamed we would when we retired. The years are passing us up like a dirty shirt and there is not one darn thing we can do to slow it up. Besides, who would do the cleaning at our house? haha. It takes me all day just to vacuum 2 rooms.

Super Contributor

Happy New Year all! Cannot believe we are about to start a 3rd year with this stupid virus. And the start of a second full year of me working from home. I've come to the realization that life will never go back to the way it was before March of 2020 (especially in my locale) but the fact that things seem to be trending worse instead of better..ugh.

On a lighter note...I'm off today and have gift cards to burn so I am going up to the outlets. If the online after Christmas sales are any indication, I am not expecting much. But always fun to just browse and be among the living.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Esteemed Contributor

iu.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Well, we've made it to another New Year's Eve.  I'm hopeful for 2022 because if I didn't maintain some kind of hope it would be hard to get out of bed every morning.  Woman Wink

I know the coronavirus story has dominated the narrative throughout 2021 however I'm still grateful for many things.  My family is still here - even the antivax niece - so that's a good thing.  I finally had a new furnace/AC installed so that's a load off my mind.  I still have my sense of humor so that's good.  My community hasn't experienced any wildfires, major tornadoes or floods.  I paid my car off in October.

When I add up all the little things that were good I realize I'm okay and there's reason for hope.

New Year Resolution GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama : Beautifully said. We need to accentuate the positive, and try to be optimistic about the year ahead.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~