Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bag-ettes... The Beat Goes On...

@Pecky, Portland Leather Goods has some selections in Kiwi and Blue Steel, but no zipper options in anything that I like. Boo. I did end up with a cyber Monday small sized pebbled black tote with a zipper. 

Esteemed Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Leeny  about those leg cramps, ask your doctor if you can take anything from the Hyland's line of products. They have everything from tablets to a cream. Inexpensive and found at Amazon and drugstores. Please check with the doctor first though just in case. Heart My vitamin lady recommended them and they work for me. 

@hicindy2 

This brought back memories!  My first son was a premie who could not adjust to breast feeding after being fed breast milk from a special bottle while in the hospital.  So we had to switch to formula and he had horrible colic.  Someone recommended Hyland's colic pills and although I didn't think it would work, I bought some at a health foods store.  You would dissolve a couple of these little pills in the bottle of formula before a feeding.  It worked like a miracle.  So I highly respect the Hyland's company. Hope something works for your cramps, @Leeny !

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags 

Thank you for posting. I had a doozy of a one this morning. ( muscule cramp that is) I still have to speak to my Dr. regarding the Hyland product. Thanks again.

@shoesnbags wrote:

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Leeny  about those leg cramps, ask your doctor if you can take anything from the Hyland's line of products. They have everything from tablets to a cream. Inexpensive and found at Amazon and drugstores. Please check with the doctor first though just in case. Heart My vitamin lady recommended them and they work for me. 

@hicindy2 

This brought back memories!  My first son was a premie who could not adjust to breast feeding after being fed breast milk from a special bottle while in the hospital.  So we had to switch to formula and he had horrible colic.  Someone recommended Hyland's colic pills and although I didn't think it would work, I bought some at a health foods store.  You would dissolve a couple of these little pills in the bottle of formula before a feeding.  It worked like a miracle.  So I highly respect the Hyland's company. Hope something works for your cramps, @Leeny !

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leeny , Let us know what your doctor says about the cramps. Good luck in finding something that helps. 

Now HSN has the Carlos Santana Mia Crossbody handbag on sale. I like the taupe/snake print; also like the blue colors and the blush color. That was one of the first brands I admired. I already have four handbags, one of which I've haven't used in months. If I got this one on sale, how much use would I get out of it? I don't need it, but I guess that doesn't always matter.

Then there are the Bags by April: the Nevermore Ravens, Starry Skies and Giraffes. There is no way I would buy all of them, so I'd have to choose. I have a feeling I wouldn't get much help on this message board, as some would tell me to go for it, anyway. Smiley Happy Decisions.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@shoesnbags 

Thank you for posting. I had a doozy of a one this morning. ( muscule cramp that is) I still have to speak to my Dr. regarding the Hyland product. Thanks again.

@shoesnbags wrote:

@hicindy2 wrote:

@hicindy2 

@Leeny 

One other thought.... I get leg cramps sometimes, too, and last night I had a really painful one.  Yelled out loud and woke myself up, then walked it off. 

I've learned over time that I get leg cramps when I don't drink enough water.  As I was walking off that cramp, I thought about it and sure enough, I had not had much water to drink yesterday.  I've tried magnesium and potassium with no improvement, but once I hit on the issue of enough hydration I finally saw a definite improvement.  Full disclosure, I take a blood pressure pill that includes a diuretic, so I'm sure that makes it more of an issue.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags 

Thanks for your information. I know I need to drink more water. I will make a better effort to do so. It's tough when you aren't thirsty. I never had that issue when I was younger, but then I didn't have a lot of things I do when I was younger. Aging is no fun.

Esteemed Contributor

@Leeny , when I worked, I always had a bottled water on my desk in my eyeline next to the PC. Then I retired. So now I put a giant bottle of Arrowhead H2O on the kitchen counter and a fancy glass. I add a slice of citrus to the glass for interest. The rule is, every time that I go to the kitchen for any reason, there will be a drinking game. Heart

Honored Contributor

I've had my eye on this PN Varsi tote for awhile, since l had seen it posted here by our friend @hicindy2 , l believe. I ordered it when Macy's began their F&F 30% off sale, and received it yesterday. It's prettier in person than it shows in the photo-- the colors "pop" more. It's the perfect-sized tote for me, and has the front exterior slip pocket l now require. The back of the tote is solid black, and has another slip pocket as a bonus. This is only the second bag l bought this year (that l can recall Woman LOL) and it's an early Christmas present to myself.

7AF6B272-6D75-43DE-9FA9-DE040680A1F2.jpeg

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@handygal2 

Nice looking PN Tote. I've been on the look for a nice tote, but nothing seems to be crying out to me. Sometimes we need to treat ourselves and get what we want. I am using my COACH red shoulder bag, no, not the Pennie, but the other one I have. I can't think what the name is right off hand, but it is more comfortable to carry on my shoulder than the Pennie. Pennie is a little heavier. I think I have to put her on a diet. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Folks have been wondering about the Dooney TSV, well, there you have it and personally I don't think it would be possible for them to have chosen a more generic bag or for me to be less interested.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...