Honored Contributor

Re: Bag-ettes... The Beat Goes On...

I have become less enchanted with Coach the past few years.   I couldn't wait for their big winter sale now I rarely go to their website.  They were so classy at one time but now they just seem tacky to me. 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@skyblue  Not sure it's allowed to post information at this point. Rest assured, you aren't missing much since there doesn't seem to be a lot of traffic over there. As for me, to the extent I plan to stay on the boards, I'm here as much as I'm there, though things seem to be winding down on both. There's really only one forum over there I gravitate to these days and besides, management there seems to have developed a somewhat terse, 'us versus them', tone of communication that isn't as inviting as a more collegial approach might have proved to be. Still, if you want to check it out, try mellyg dot proboards and you'll have to fill in the rest.

Thanks, @stevieb . I lost interest when the conversations all turned to virus and jab status. 🙄

Honored Contributor

@skyblue  Well, I suppose there's a bit more on offer than that these days, but I do get it... Unfortunately, for threads that rely on visuals, picture posting is a bit of a chore and now that 'the team' has become drunk with their power, well, let's just say it isn't what it might have been...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Pecky  I'm there with you. With very few exceptions, Coach hasn't offered anything I'd pay their prices for in a long time. They do seem to run in cycles of classic to schlock. Unfortunately, the schlock phases seem to be winning.

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@stevieb  Actually, I gifted my Rogue 25's to a special friend. Even the smaller version was becoming too heavy with my bad shoulder. They now are in a new "forever" home. Gave up a lot of the heavier Patricia Nash bags too. Seems like it is nylon, fabric, or the small Portland Leather mini totes. I had to go to PT last year for a shoulder and a hip thing. Things change...

Quotes From Maxine About Aging

@hicindy2  Really a shame... Yes, best to stick with what works... No point in collecting beautiful and pricey bags just to give them away... 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2  Was sort of curious about the new medium Portland bag but looks ilke I'll hold off for a bit. Would really prefer the zipper option, which wasn't available on the 'almost perfect' bags and wasn't really feeling the color choices. Sooner or later hoping to find that sweet spot. Still not sure of the size but clearly a better fit than the small.

Esteemed Contributor

There must be people who buy the Coach handbags; how else could the company stay in business? I don't care if they're real leather, they are outrageously overpriced. If I had the money I would consider paying about $200-300 if I admired one, but never $1,000. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@hicindy2  Was sort of curious about the new medium Portland bag but looks ilke I'll hold off for a bit. Would really prefer the zipper option, which wasn't available on the 'almost perfect' bags and wasn't really feeling the color choices. Sooner or later hoping to find that sweet spot. Still not sure of the size but clearly a better fit than the small.

Same here. I went back and forth and decided to wait until more zippered options in more interesting colors emerge. Plus, I want to read the feedback on the new size. 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb @hicindy2 @teganslaw @Pecky and ALL

I know I've not posted regularly lately, but with Thanksgiving and all I just haven't had the time or energy. 

Today is Mr.L's birthday and so that means more things for me to do. I didn't even make his cake this year, I bought a red velvet with cream cheese frosting. I hope it is good. OR I'll hear about it..LOL.

Our kids and I are taking him out for pizza to his favorite pizza parlor this afternoon. Then coming back here for cake and ice cream. I think I'll be going to bed early. 

Not having good sleep lately due to those wonderful muscle cramps in my legs during the night. I think I need to sleep standing up. to get any rest. Hope all is well with you all.

Super Contributor

Regarding Coach...specifically the outlet. There was a bag I was mildly interested in and have been watching. The Black Friday price even with an extra 25% off is still higher than it was when I first noticed it. Higher prices on a few others as well. My local outlet used to be my second home basically and spent $$$$ there but the last couple times I have been up there it was a disappointment to say the least. Not much selection, even pushier than before sales people and the area of the store that used to have a great clearance selection...is now men's items since they closed the men's store that was next door.  They have always played games with prices and discounts but it seems to be worse now. And the quality of bags have gone down while the prices have gone up...way up. 

My last several purchases (other than a Lug which is on its way back to QVC) have been Michael Kors. Yes, his bags are pricey also but I feel the quality of his bags and the selection is far superior to Coach these days. His website has decent sales and everything was 25% for Black Friday. I love smaller bags and got another of those cute little Bedford extra small crossbodies. I don't get out much and when I do I don't carry much with me and this little bag holds my phone, small wristlet, sanitizer and a few other small items.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.