Honored Contributor

Re: Bag-ettes... The Beat Goes On...

@jaxs mom  Hi... Long time and hoping all is well... It appears QVC has rescinded their shut down, but it's unclear for how long and regardless, some of us are just sort of done with their act and the way board users seem to get jerked around, so yep, we'll probably remain over there, for the most part... Drop by and visit!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Hey @jaxs mom  good to see ya.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

Seems to be pretty quiet here these past couple of days and I understand all the reasons. I failed to mention here that I closed my Proboards acct. yesterday. Something about it, just made me feel uncomfortable. I don't know what for sure. I do know though after closing my account I checked to see if I received a confirmation, which I didn't;but I did have 55 different spam mails in my spam file. So, did it come from someone over at PB or not? I don't know. Today I had just 1. I never get that many spam emails. Anyway I guess you and I are still here for now. I hope you are doing well and all your feathered loved ones are doing good too. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Sorry it didn't work out for you @Leeny, will miss you. Probably won't be seeing much of you here. While I still come over to these boards once in a while, it doesn't tend to be for the bag thread, which has really taken off over there, as most of the ladies seem to be pretty happy with the set up. Interesting about the Spam. I opened a new email account just to sign up, being unfamiliar with the site, and just checked that account to find no Spam at all. My Yahoo account always gets a lot of Spam and my Gmail account only gets a few now and then. Anyway, take care and I'm sure paths will cross on occasion.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@stevieb I will miss you and the rest of the gals too. All good things seem to never  last. This is the only thread I frequented the most. I'd watch and sometimes post in other threads, but not very often. I guess I am just old school and something over on the other board just didn't feel right to me. So tell all the bag-uette's hello and that I will miss them too. If I ever get my little hands on the Valentino I will be sure to post Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Leeny  Will do... Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leeny  @Bird mama  I got my booster today... I qualified based on health status, did a mini-grocery run (got the shot at Safeway) and a run to Target for both a few more groceries and prescriptions... Not sure I can handle this level of excitement much longer... Really wish we'd get some nice crisp and sunny fall weather... It might perk up the mood a bit... It's been dank and dreary here now for too long...

I know you got yours Leeny, but will say, anyone planning to get the booster, get it as soon as you can... After being told a mere two weeks ago to just walk-in any time and the supply was plentiful, today I was told I had to make an appointment and that they were beginning to run low on stock... Moreover, it seems like every vaccination point has one brand or the other, but no one has both. I made the appointment online for an hour later, so it all worked out, but recalling how badly the initial distribution was handled in my area, I wanted to avoid another fiasco...

Anyway, I hope to drop in and visit from time to time, so by all means, give me a shout-out if you have any news or just want to say hi...

Respected Contributor

@stevieb That is really good news that you got your booster. I got mine back on Aug.20th. I didn't get any adverse reactions, which was good. With 40 new deaths here in WI today tells me this virus is not leaving anytime soon. I am so tired as many are of the way our lives have taken a detour now for almost 2 years. Plus, now with Flu season veering its head that will even make things more interesting. I have even stopped going to church for now as they have relaxed all protocols. I don't understand it, but that is their call I guess. It was rainy, cold (61) and dreary out here today to. Tomorrow is to be more of the same, with no sun again.  Take care and again, I am glad you got your booster with more ease this time than the last time. 

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb  and @Leeny .....    I got the Moderna vaccine.  They haven't approved the Moderna booster shot yet so, unfortunately, I am going to have to wait until they do.  

Esteemed Contributor

I can't get the booster yet because I have a mammogram scheduled next week. I was told by health officials that getting the shot too close could affect the mammogram reading. It will have to be sometime after. I wasn't eligible until this month, anyway. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain