Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bag-ettes... The Beat Goes On...

I'll be staying with both boards. I wasn't real upset with the closing announcement; just a business move and I didn't see a reason to take it personally. I have enough things going on, so this wasn't the most important topic for me. 

Proboards doesn't seem to be as restrictive, though.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Just a quick word to some of the semi-regulars that haven't shown up lately, just wanted you to know that with QVC apparently intent on shutting down their forums, we have migrated over to a new host. Hoping those interested will join us at mellyg.proboards.com... 

@1Professor  @skyblue  @Blingqueen023 

If any of the regulars can think of others that we might inform, please do so...

@stevieb   Thanks, so much!

handdrawn.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I don't know if anyone is left on this thread.  JCP shipped my new winter boots but I'm still waiting for my purse to ship. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

I am still here with you. That's funny the boots go out before the handbag. Maybe they know something we don't know. Is snowballs coming sooner than we know? Not saying your boots are snow boots.. it just hit me that way with our weather taking a turn this week. Cooler temps which I will welcome gladly. 

Since it is National handbag day today I did the day justice. I purchased : 

Honored Contributor

@Leeny   As it turns out I didn't look at the shipping email closely enough and the bag did ship when the boots shipped.  I liked the bag, is it Vera Wang from Kohl's?  I liked the look of that bag and thought about ordering it when I was looking for bags.  I need pockets on the outside though.  It's a lovely bag.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

I don't know if anyone is left on this thread.  JCP shipped my new winter boots but I'm still waiting for my purse to ship. 

@Bird mama  Hi Birdie... Hoping the bag ships soon! I used to do a fair amount of shopping, mostly for home goods, at JCP and then I hit a lull... Because I hadn't used my JCP card in so long, I got a sort of haughty letter decreasing my credit line, which frankly always seems counter productive... Anyway, it ticked me off so I still haven't used their card and don't intend to... Sort of a shame, really, because I was just about to place an order for sheer curtains but my new limit wouldn't cover the purchase so I went elsewhere... Wonder how long it's going to take before retailers stop shooting themselves in the foot...

As for this forum, what can I say... Indeed, most of the crew has moved over to the new boards and even our pal Edith has shown up over there a time or two... I can only speak for myself that I do plan to stick around over here, but sparingly so, for now... I prefer it over there for a variety of reasons that I won't go into, but suffice it say, some relate to the options over there and the more friendly way the boards are managed and some relate to refusing to reward bad corporate behavior that seems ongoing... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

Yes it is a Vera Wang from Kohl's. It does have a pocket on the bag, but it's only large enough for a phone or a sanitizer or keys. I couldn't get a pic with showing it. I like it because it is light. I don't know if I'll use the strap much, but I do like the option if I change my mind. 

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama  I still have a card with JCP and in fact I just received a 35% off coupon that is good until the end of the month. Since Sephora moved out of JCP I should go over to see what or if they have moved any inventory into that spot. My girlfriend I went out to lunch with last week wanted to go over, but I said I didn't have my coupon with me. I should go out this week and take a look since I don't have any doctor appointments scheduled. finally.

GS will be staying overnight this coming Saturday. I need to get more tag board in the house since he loves to draw and color me pictures Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

You guys moved to pro boards? I’ve never been there. Just came over here and saw the closing the forum info.
Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Just a quick word to some of the semi-regulars that haven't shown up lately, just wanted you to know that with QVC apparently intent on shutting down their forums, we have migrated over to a new host. Hoping those interested will join us at mellyg.proboards.com... 

@1Professor  @skyblue  @Blingqueen023 

If any of the regulars can think of others that we might inform, please do so...

Thanks for posting this as I wasn't sure which board over there you all had moved to

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval