Trusted Contributor

Re: Bag-ettes... The Beat Goes On...

@teganslaw   Well, I figured that talking about my iPad mini challenges was somewhat relevant because I wanted to fire up the thing so I can carry it in my bag!  Which right now is a Dooney & Bourke Kansas City Chiefs Tote. But if I switch to something smaller the iPad mini will fit Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

You said it @teganslaw, going back for the many years there's been this thread or one of its precursors, we've discussed everything here from soup to nuts, with the commonality of handbags that always hold things together.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

So, back to bags.  Vera Bradley Outlet is open; however, most of the patterns are factory initiated. There is a couple like Garden Grove. Difficult to capture a good picture. 

Lay Flat Duffel Bag-Garden Grove-Image 6-Vera Bradley

Denim is nice and is seasonless

Vera Tote Bag-Denim Navy-Image 5-Vera Bradley

Indiana Rose

Carson Mini Shoulder Bag-Indiana Rose-Image 9-Vera Bradley

Foxwood

Carson Mini Shoulder Bag-Foxwood-Image 9-Vera Bradley

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb Geez.  Our homeowner dues have not been reduced a penny all this time.  Clubhouse was closed for 16 months.  Now they are doing repairs that should have done sooner. Proof of vaccination now required to enter at the front desk and no extended hours with a swipe card. . And special permission needed if 10 or more people want to meet in a shared interest group. How are you faring ??

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2  Our fees are way up and we get way less in the way of services. That said, as a condo rather than a single house, we have to foot the bill for everything via fees. Still, our new 'management' is awful. The office hours have been grossly reduced and for all intents and purposes, the office is closed and provides essentially no services directly to residents.Even routine services are lacking and maintenance services are minimal and badly managed. There have been no social activities in nearly two years. Our pool opened very late because maintenance was neglected. I never bothered to go. Other amenities, such as they are, are back, but it's not much. I could go on and on but you get the drift. Prices have been up and a lot of longer term residents are opting out. I'm exploring potential choices. Moving here has proved to be one of my biggest regrets. I hope to move but it's a huge undertaking at this point.

Honored Contributor

The sunkissed snake bag really is very tempting @Leeny, especially for that low price. Very summery though, so would see minimal use, if any, until next year.

Esteemed Contributor

The above handbag is pretty. I would use it year round. I don't change my handbags according to season; I change them depending on where I'm going.  This handbag would work for me as long as I didn't need to carry many items, as it looks smaller. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@stevieb Exactly! I never got charged for any item until it was shipped. Now, this morning I received an email stating the item was not available. Plus they are giving me a $5 credit which is good for 30 days. 

@stevieb wrote:

@Leeny  I've had orders cancelled but don't know that I've ever gotten a refund notice before being notified the item wasn't available. I thought they didn't charge your account until the item shipped.

Respected Contributor

@teganslaw 

We like to shake it up once in awhile. Even if we go out on a limb in a new category once in a great while, we always return to handbags Woman Happy

@teganslaw wrote:

I've never been charged for items until they ship, and always get emails letting me know the shipping status. 

For awhile I thought that this forum had turned into an area of place settings rather than handbags. Woman LOL

I did enjoy looking at all the photos, though. And things do tend to get off topic. It adds interest to the forum.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb 

I think I know now why Mr.L never wanted to move into a condo. I feel bad that you are not happy where you are at. I think it's legalized stealing to have to pay for services and amenities that you are not receiving now, but also not receiving for the last 2 years. Are people in your condo moving? 

@stevieb wrote:

@hicindy2  Our fees are way up and we get way less in the way of services. That said, as a condo rather than a single house, we have to foot the bill for everything via fees. Still, our new 'management' is awful. The office hours have been grossly reduced and for all intents and purposes, the office is closed and provides essentially no services directly to residents.Even routine services are lacking and maintenance services are minimal and badly managed. There have been no social activities in nearly two years. Our pool opened very late because maintenance was neglected. I never bothered to go. Other amenities, such as they are, are back, but it's not much. I could go on and on but you get the drift. Prices have been up and a lot of longer term residents are opting out. I'm exploring potential choices. Moving here has proved to be one of my biggest regrets. I hope to move but it's a huge undertaking at this point.