Valued Contributor

Re: Bag-ettes... The Beat Goes On...

I love Pendleton. Expensive though. 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

I just reread this post after looking at LTS. I think I know what bag you are talking about as it caught my eye. The Margot? I have a few of these bags, not from here though. I watched the video and it didn't tell me a darn thing really. If this isn't the bag you are referring to, I apologize. I like the wine color, I think? The picture is not good at all. I know Margot's leather is so soft and not stiff either. 

@stevieb wrote:

And speaking of QVC and their programming, I will NEVER get why they permit a host to go on and on and on, giving a presentation of a handbag without all the color options being available to show. This crud of defaulting to dot com to show colors is moronic. There was an LTS bag today I was interested in but the host, (who by the way was among the least capable hosts I've seen), had only one color to show for a bag available in four options. Why bother? This host might just as well have read directly from the product card because she was so badly prepared she had to keep referring to it almost constantly. Moreover, while she seemed like a nice person, the verbiage coming out of her mouth was totally amateurish. She clearly didn't know how to fill the time and her efforts at winging it were pitiful. QVC has let a lot of better hosts go than many of the ones they're suddenly hiring.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Over at Macy's staring at new dishes too.  Very dangerous. This is the problem.  You get new carpet, then start looking at everything else with a critical eye. 

Gave myself a good slap:  just gifted the last of the numerous dinner sets my Mom had stashed.  Mr. HC's daughter is now the happy owner of Belle Fior out of England. Goes with her antiques. 

"Belle Fiore’ with its bold brush strokes and bright colours is typical of the hand-painted ‘cottage wares’ manufactured in the United Kingdom in the 1940s and 1950s.  It was a hand-painted pattern in nine colours applied under a glossy glaze."

In 1971 Simpsons (Potters) Ltd was purchased by the Pfaltzgraff Company of York, Pennsylvania, the largest stoneware manufacturer in the USA.

Oddly enough, we had Pfaltzgraff that I was "meh" about; thought it was drab.  

So I got Denby from Macy's on sale.  Mr. HC wanted this one. "Meh" about this one too.

However, I usually drag out my Holiday Lenox melamine in December.  Last year I was too depressed and didn't bother. This year, who knows ??

Lenox Holiday 4-Piece Melamine Dinner Plate Set

and my summer Lenox melamine:  Butterfly Meadow

Lenox Butterfly Meadow Melamine 4Pc Accent Plate, 1.90 LB, White

When the kids were here, it was Corelle

Summer

Winter

the Lenox site has a new Holiday Snow Day

And Amazon has set up a Lenox store

Respected Contributor

@hicindy2 

Did you get your Lenox Melamine at Macy's? I haven't checked there yet. I figured you would answer me faster then going over there to l@@k

I love dishes and use to have several sets when I had the space. Everything from Fiesta ware in every color you can imagine, to Noritake and Franciscan Ware and Currier and Ives and everything in between. I even had Corelle and so did Mom and every other relative I knew. lol

Your showings of these are so nice. I am thinking more and more of getting melamine dishes as they are light and easy. Heavy things are getting to be a huge game changer. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leeny  I get my Lenox melamine from Amazon. I get points with my Chase Amazon card on the boring stuff, then use it for discounts on fun stuff. Prime shipping is worth it to me. 

Pfaltzgraff is getting in on melamine too (Amazon) 

Pfaltgraff 12-Piece Melamine Dinnerware Set - Trellis Blue

Libby Blue ribbon glasses

Libbey Blue Ribbon Impressions 16-Piece Tumbler and Rocks Glass Set

Napkins

ALAZA Vintage Yellow Lemon Fruit and Blue Print Cloth Napkins Dinner Napkins Set of 6,Reusable Table Napkins Washable Poly...

For your grandson

Sponsored Ad - Pfaltzgraff Winterberry Melamine 5 Piece Kids Snowman Dinnerware Set

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leeny wrote:

@stevieb 

I just reread this post after looking at LTS. I think I know what bag you are talking about as it caught my eye. The Margot? I have a few of these bags, not from here though. I watched the video and it didn't tell me a darn thing really. If this isn't the bag you are referring to, I apologize. I like the wine color, I think? The picture is not good at all. I know Margot's leather is so soft and not stiff either. 

@stevieb wrote:

And speaking of QVC and their programming, I will NEVER get why they permit a host to go on and on and on, giving a presentation of a handbag without all the color options being available to show. This crud of defaulting to dot com to show colors is moronic. There was an LTS bag today I was interested in but the host, (who by the way was among the least capable hosts I've seen), had only one color to show for a bag available in four options. Why bother? This host might just as well have read directly from the product card because she was so badly prepared she had to keep referring to it almost constantly. Moreover, while she seemed like a nice person, the verbiage coming out of her mouth was totally amateurish. She clearly didn't know how to fill the time and her efforts at winging it were pitiful. QVC has let a lot of better hosts go than many of the ones they're suddenly hiring.

Yes @Leeny  it was the Margot and that was one lousy presentation. Honestly, I could do as well or better. I have a few Margot bags too all from TJ's but I sort of liked this one. Didn't order, though, and they can thank their failure to show the bag in all colors and an overall lacking presentation for this instance of ringing up a big NO SALE.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Ilovetea wrote:

I love Pendleton. Expensive though. 

Me too @Ilovetea but yes they are. Only a very occasional Pendleton package arrives here. Sigh.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb I agree, that presentation was pretty lame. I don't even know who that host was. I may have purchased if I would have known for sure what I was really buying. No Sale here either. No Cha ching from me.

@stevieb wrote:

@Leeny wrote:

@stevieb 

@stevieb wrote:

Yes @Leeny  it was the Margot and that was one lousy presentation. Honestly, I could do as well or better. I have a few Margot bags too all from TJ's but I sort of liked this one. Didn't order, though, and they can thank their failure to show the bag in all colors and an overall lacking presentation for this instance of ringing up a big NO SALE.

Respected Contributor

@hicindy2 

I do a lot of shopping, but I think I mentioned at one other point. I don't shop on Amazon. I've ordered just once from them and it was ok, but never got into it. Thanks for posting the pics though. 

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Leeny  I get my Lenox melamine from Amazon. I get points with my Chase Amazon card on the boring stuff, then use it for discounts on fun stuff. Prime shipping is worth it to me. 

Pfaltzgraff is getting in on melamine too (Amazon) 

Pfaltgraff 12-Piece Melamine Dinnerware Set - Trellis Blue

Libby Blue ribbon glasses

Libbey Blue Ribbon Impressions 16-Piece Tumbler and Rocks Glass Set

Napkins

ALAZA Vintage Yellow Lemon Fruit and Blue Print Cloth Napkins Dinner Napkins Set of 6,Reusable Table Napkins Washable Poly...

For your grandson

Sponsored Ad - Pfaltzgraff Winterberry Melamine 5 Piece Kids Snowman Dinnerware Set

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leeny  I used to order a lot from Amazon, but, in my experience, the quality of their service, their fast and efficient delivery and their pricing aren't what they used to be. I still order from them, but not like I used to do. I've also found their CS, while still good, isn't as responsive as it once was. Still, in this age of delivery rather than in-person shopping, which seems to be never-ending, I'm glad they're out there.