Honored Contributor

Re: Bag-ettes... The Beat Goes On...

[ Edited ]

@Leeny  I'll always default to percale if I can. I love how crisp they feel and they don't wrinkle like most of those high thread count sheet, about which, quite frankly, I never saw the appeal. I'm an oddball too because I don't like sheets or towels to be too soft so fleece sheets would probably not work for me but I can see the appeal.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

Oh my, I love that top bag you are showing here. I had a simliar bag back in the 80's and it was leather, I wonder what I ever did with that bag?a6.jpg

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

I purchased a high end thread count sheet set years ago. They wrinkled so horrible that I threw them away. Plus they were very expensive.

Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@stevieb 

Oh my, I love that top bag you are showing here. I had a simliar bag back in the 80's and it was leather, I wonder what I ever did with that bag?

a6.jpg

@Leeny  I just love these retro looking bags. I wish someone smart would start making them again. Some of Nash's satchels bring them to mind.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leeny wrote:

@stevieb 

I purchased a high end thread count sheet set years ago. They wrinkled so horrible that I threw them away. Plus they were very expensive.

I've had similar experiences. Have bought several sets of high thread count sheets and actively dislike them. I guess they work nicely if you send laundry out, iron them yourself or have someone come in to iron, but I don't do any of the above and they never look or feel fresh and crisp, @Leeny... I also don't like microfiber sheets.

Esteemed Contributor

Ping ping on the cell from my Brahmin fan neighbor. Last day of the online outlet. These are not for me, but she likes my input anyway..Bless her heart. Then we go to her closet and do matchy matchy. I pick bags to go with my mood du jour, not so much my wardrobe.

cute summery Katie

Katie Jubilee Melbourne Front Brahmin Exclusive Final Sale

Finley carryall

Finley Carryall Stardust Melbourne Front Final Sale

Pretty Lilac

Anywhere Tote Lilac Melbourne Front Final Sale

Etsy still has fabulous Mary Poppins bags

Personalized Victorian Carpet Bag Mary Poppins Vintage Leather image 1

Personalized Victorian Carpet Bag Mary Poppins Vintage Leather image 0

You can get an umbrella too

Mary Poppins Umbrella (Fan-made Disney Prop)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The flannel sheets from Garnet Hill are pretty special and are from Portugal. I had a set that lasted for years. Have to wait for a sale though.  

Winterberry Organic-Cotton Flannel Cases

They carry the Eileen Fisher line that I wore when working at the Bank. Very classic.

EILEEN FISHER Lightweight Boiled Wool Shawl-Collar Coat - Regular

and some pretty masks

Organic-Cotton Adjustable Face Masks - Set of Three

Organic-Cotton Adjustable Face Masks - Set of Three

One fun Garnet Hill percale collection is Dot to Dot. Have these in the guest room with a solid color blanket and duvet so as not to be too much. Have the towels in the guest bath. We have the blond wood furniture in that room, so it just goes. 

Polka-Dot Percale Cases

Muted Clay

Siesta Solid Organic-Cotton Percale Duvet Cover

You could pick the more muted colors too

Siesta Solid Organic-Cotton Percale Duvet Cover

Trusted Contributor

The best sheets I've had in a long time came from Q but I don't remember the brand or thread count. I think it was a 2-fer with one set striped and one set plain. They are soft, smooth, barely wrinkle, and cool. Right now I have a set of plain 'ol white cotton sheets on the bed and they are hot, scratchy, and wrinkly. They are old -- so old the elastric has stretched out on the corners of the fitted sheet. I kept them because of the pretty eyelet trim but am thinking they might be destined for donation.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2   Just looked at the Garnet Hill site. The Eileen Fisher boiled wool cardigan is lovely but alas, too rich for my blood at $348. I shall lust from afar! I checked out their clearance section but everything I clicked on was either gone or very limited sizing. A nice quilt was gone but the shams still available. That does me absolutely NO good. Do you know anyone who just has a collection of random shams on their bed? Not me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LonestarBabs  the one catalog that Mr. HC fears most coming into the house in the one by Pendleton Home.  I fall under their spell. White Sands. 

throws for the couch 

Stack of plaid blankets sitting on a fire hearth

the oversize spa towels, closest that I will get to a retreat

I have recently ordered the mugs. 

ADDITIONAL VIEW OF CHIEF JOSEPH MUGS

Oddly enough, the Pendleton goodies go with our leather and Scandanavian teak.