Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bag-ettes... The Beat Goes On...

[ Edited ]

@LonestarBabs  I love Garnet Hill percale, but it is SO pricey. They send me a catalog to tempt me.. More whimsical than traditional. 

Nora Hemstitched Supima® Percale Cases

Vintage Cherries Organic-Cotton Percale Cases

Sunflower Organic-Cotton Percale Cases

Blueberries Organic-Cotton Percale Cases

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2   At this stage of life I really appreciate a little whimsy in my home decor! Forget the idea that every room needs to match the other rooms and all colors must flow throughout the house. Phooey!!!!!

I had a bag thought the other day when watching one of my favorite movies "Dial M for Murder." Grace Kelly's handbag was so central to the story. It was a rather plain tiny thing. Smooth brown leather, no embellishments or hardware. Wonder if it was a designer bag? It was so small that the mysterious latch key was one of just a few items that could fit inside!

Respected Contributor

@hicindy2 

There is nothing like a cozy looking bed to get into. Plus, right now I could jump right in from here. I should have gone into lie down, but had to throw a little dinner together and I mean little. It took all my efforts just to turn the dishwasher on. 

I get the Vermont Catalog and they have a lot of nice bedding too, but it too is pricey. 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

Melissa drives me a little crazy too. I don't watch that channel as much as I use to. They have let go of a few of my favorite hosts, if you can call them favorites. Plus all the vendors I use to like have left too. The vendors move around like they are playing musical chairs. 

@stevieb wrote:

@hicindy2  HQ has some good stuff and when they have sales, they tend to be good ones, but like all the tv based home shopping, prices are often higher and shipping is a problem. Also, a shame that of all the hosts that have come and gone, they keep Melissa Minor... I just can't like her... As for the social hours that used to be, haven't you heard about the 'new normal', dear? Truthfully, the new normal can go hang itself, as far as I'm concerned.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

We will be hitting close to 90 or so tomorrow. So much for a nice day. I am no good in the heat and I hate to turn the A/C on again.

Tomorrow we are going to be celebrating our youngest son's birthday. He wants pizza so that's an easy peasy call. He does want me to bake a cake for him, he said, to surprise him. Getting it made will be a surprise, to me. lol

I can't remember the last cake I made. I thought about going out and buying one, but since he asked me to make one I felt I should fulfill his wish. 

As far as the word, housework, what is that? lol.. jk. I have to do mine in small steps. Monday is laundry day and a little vacuuming and dusting. The rest gets done when I get to it. UGH.

Respected Contributor

@LonestarBabs 

You had me when you spoke of those technology issues. I would need to call the Geek Squad for sure. I know all to well about allergies. I suffer from that and asthma so I have to be careful. There have been nights when I would love to open the windows, but I dare not or I won't be able to breathe. 

I love to purchase new bedding, especially when the seasons change. There is nothing like crawling into soft comfy sheets and blankets. It won't be long and the polar sheets will have to go on again. Those snowballs will here before I know it. 

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

It's going to hotter than heck here again tomorrow. I am so glad we don't have to mow lawn or do any lawn care here. I think my grass would be up to my knees..lol. Just the thought of fresh mowed grass gets my allergies in a huge up roar. Hopefully your weather cooperates with you. 

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2  Percacle sheets are my hands down choice. I remember when they used to be the norm and were somewhat reasonably priced. Then everyone got into thread count and Egyptian cotton and so on and now that everyone has come to appreciate good old percale, they're priced out of the stratosphere. I don't need sheets, but they're always a temptation.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leeny wrote:

@stevieb 

Melissa drives me a little crazy too. I don't watch that channel as much as I use to. They have let go of a few of my favorite hosts, if you can call them favorites. Plus all the vendors I use to like have left too. The vendors move around like they are playing musical chairs. 

@stevieb wrote:

@hicindy2  HQ has some good stuff and when they have sales, they tend to be good ones, but like all the tv based home shopping, prices are often higher and shipping is a problem. Also, a shame that of all the hosts that have come and gone, they keep Melissa Minor... I just can't like her... As for the social hours that used to be, haven't you heard about the 'new normal', dear? Truthfully, the new normal can go hang itself, as far as I'm concerned.

@Leeny  HQ has surely taken some hits... All the name changes probably didn't help either. Minor just annoys me, and it really is a shame that so many brands have left. And yes, they very much do move around a lot. Too much, if you ask me. I don't watch a lot of any of the shopping channels anymore and very few of the brands have proved to be worth following. I will say, I'm tired of all of them doing this vendor phoning it in nonsense, though I will also say that the remotes done today by HQ with the Mackenzie-Childs representative have been clear and well done, which is more than I can say for many of the remotes QVC puts out there. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And speaking of QVC and their programming, I will NEVER get why they permit a host to go on and on and on, giving a presentation of a handbag without all the color options being available to show. This crud of defaulting to dot com to show colors is moronic. There was an LTS bag today I was interested in but the host, (who by the way was among the least capable hosts I've seen), had only one color to show for a bag available in four options. Why bother? This host might just as well have read directly from the product card because she was so badly prepared she had to keep referring to it almost constantly. Moreover, while she seemed like a nice person, the verbiage coming out of her mouth was totally amateurish. She clearly didn't know how to fill the time and her efforts at winging it were pitiful. QVC has let a lot of better hosts go than many of the ones they're suddenly hiring.