Respected Contributor

Re: Bag-ettes... The Beat Goes On...

@stevieb 

Oh boy do I remember those days. I use to travel up to Rochester to shop at TJ's as we didn't have one here yet. I would go absolutely crazy in that store. I could find anything and everything and not even have to look too hard. That was many years ago and the pandemic was in the far, far future. 

Our shopping here is so limited and I don't see it getting better, if ever. Now it's a chore to go shopping. Especially if you are looking for something specific. I swear the most simple things are even hard to find anymore. 

When I went shopping for DH for clothing it was very very frustrating. As you say, those were the days when shopping was really fun.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Today, HSN is all about Korres.  I like the Guava/Mango in the shower gel.

Korres 1-Liter   Guava Mango Renewing Body Cleanser

Really like the dry body oil spray too.  Still using up the Golden Apple from Fall.Quick drying and leaves a little sheen. Put a little on your hands and run thru your hair too for fly aways. 

Korres Olive Oil & Blossom Body Oil Duo

HSN still has the Golden Apple in the body cream.  Mr. HC likes this one over Beekman.

Korres Olive Oil and Golden Apple Body Cream Duo

Yes, I do have a dizzying array of "smellies" in my bathroom.  

OH OH, the East Coasters were not enthusiastic about the PBS series "Us".  Guess we are back to Zombies tonight. 

Meet the Cast & Characters of Us

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2  About 'Us'...  Some beautiful scenery, particularly of Amsterdam, poignant and evocative and yet incredibly slow moving to the point of virtually being sleep inducing and, overall, not terribly entertaining. I'm also completely over TV dramas that over-rely on flashbacks to tell the story. In this case, they seemed particularly gratuitous. Like so many recent presentations, this hardly lived up to the 'Masterpiece' moniker. All that said, since I started it I'll try to finish it next week.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I ordered my handbag through Paypal, and was charged the cost of shipping even though it was suppose to be free. I checked it out, and the reason given was that it was authorization to be sure I had enough money in my account. The next day, when everything cleared, the shipping fee was credited back to Paypal.

It all worked out, but just be aware of this and always be sure to have extra money to cover all costs if using Paypal. 

I'll let everyone know when my handbag arrives, should be the end of the week. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@stevieb @hicindy2 @Bird mama @teganslaw 

Well, my beautiful M& G Brooklyn bag arrived today and I am very happy with my anniversary gift. It is a large bag, but it doesn't carry heavy for me. It is one handsome bag and I am now glad that I chose this style. This is my first M&G bag so I wasn't sure how it was going to go. I am going to put it away for fall/winter. I have so many other bags for summer that need to be used at least once or twice. I just wanted you all to know this is one very nice bag. Woman Happy

Brooklyn Carryall

Respected Contributor

Would you believe it only got up to 69 today and is very windy out. I tell you what, this weather bouncing around like this doesn't do me any favors. I feel like a stiff old lady today and I am already thinking of going to bed. It's not even 7 bells yet. Good Grief!! GS has 4 days left of the first session of summer school and then DH and I will be watching him for a couple of weeks until session 2. I hope I can gather up some energy by then. Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

I was wondering if you had ever ordered an Dooney & Bourke Ostrich satchel handbag? If so did you like it? I thought I remembered you mentioning it at one point. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Leeny  Glad the M&G worked out and that you like it. Now, if you put it away just don't forget about it... And no, I've not bought any Dooney ostrich lately... 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

No kidding. I would hope I won't put my new bag away and forget where I put it.. Not that I haven't done that before with new items. I really need to do another purge, not only handbags and such, but the whole house. 

@stevieb wrote:

@Leeny  Glad the M&G worked out and that you like it. Now, if you put it away just don't forget about it... And no, I've not bought any Dooney ostrich lately... 

Honored Contributor

@Leeny  You know how every 'big' bag purchase is absolutely positively going to be the last one... Well, at this point, so help me, the MG Elizabetta is going to be my last big bag purchase one fine day and no, not today... Woman Wink