Honored Contributor

Re: Bag-ettes... The Beat Goes On...

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

I managed to schedule a covid vaccine appointment for my niece and she got the pfizer shot that she wanted this past Monday.

My sister had her first shot today.  I scheduled it at the local senior center and met her in the parking lot.  She was at work, left work to get the shot and then went back to work.  When I went for my shot at Meijers it was a non event, I didn't really think about it.  Today as she and I sat in my car sipping coffee (she got there early) I watched folks from all walks of life in different shapes and sizes come for their vaccine.  I stayed in the car and watched my sister walk in.  I gotta tell you, watching older people who could barely walk, mothers and daighters, husbands and wives walk into that place with a single purpose made me emotional and I teared up.

@Bird mama  Not exactly what you're talking about I know, because the commonality of purpose for the vast groups of humanity in persevering to get the shots was both distressing and inspirational, and yet the disparity in people's experiences in finally obtaining the vaccine has been at the very least upsetting and, for me, a source of anger. As I might already have related, I've spoken to folks who were seen within a short distance of their home, who were given multiple choices of venue, who were in and out in mere minutes with no one else waiting and so on. Then I recall what I endured for my last appointment and get perturbed all over again. My county really should have done a better job of screening and not simply ensured one met either the health or age criteria. Some of us needed accommodation and it shouldn't have been such a challenge. Yes, there probably was a number to call, but who knew. Moreover, calling it would have probably netted one a significant 'on hold' experience and a longer wait to actually receive the shot. Believe that I'm grateful to have gotten it, but it just simply did not have to be this way. For me, it was very disheartening to watch our systems flounder so badly in responding to this challenge.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@hicindy2  I like the bright Brahmin orange... One of the few I've seen in recent memory I'd actually consider were I doing Brahmin these days...

Shop ALL NEW Spicy Orange Melbourne.

Seems to me this brand offered another bag in a blue and yellow combination print that I quite liked... I don't care for this print... I don't think so much beige in the background works...

Spring Camo Rec Small Metro Tote Deluxe (1263X1724)

Honored Contributor

I'm no big Kate Spade fan, but have to say I really like this one in blue.

Meena Constellation Leather Top Handle Bag

Honored Contributor

Something about this Furla is calling to me... Simple and stylish... Like the color...

Furla Net Leather Hobo Bag

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb  it was this one:  I have this cutie

Larrimor's still has the tote in stock

MZ Wallace Medium Metro Tote in Daffodil Tie Dye Oxford

Ouchie day for me.  Picked up my tax returns and have to pay on Fed. About equal to the $$ they sent me. Hmmmmm

Poppies  — Matted Print

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2 wrote:

@stevieb  it was this one:  I have this cutie

Larrimor's still has the tote in stock

MZ Wallace Medium Metro Tote in Daffodil Tie Dye Oxford

Ouchie day for me.  Picked up my tax returns and have to pay on Fed. About equal to the $$ they sent me. Hmmmmm

Poppies  — Matted Print

@hicindy2  Yes, that's it. I much prefer this pattern. As for the other thing, yes, I'd long suspected the 'stimulus' was pretty much a wash for many of us. I understand St. Kitts has no taxation.

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2  I received my Brahmin Botanica Katie and I am not loving it.  The one I received doesn't have the colors that the one on the website has.  It has just not so pretty shade of yellow and green.  I was hoping for the teals and orange too.  That is what happens when you can't see them in person and pick the best one.  It's the luck of the draw when ordering online.  I am sending it back. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Pecky  Sorry the Brahmin didn't work out, but I have to admit, I had my doubts about that pattern. Even given we all like different things, so true that unless we can choose the specific purse with a pattern distribution that most appeals to us, we're at the mercy of someone pulling the item off the shelf. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pecky  Wow, so surprised about the Brahmin.  I thought the pattern would be more vibrant. I know what you mean about pictures versus reality. I mean, look at this pattern pic. Focus is on orange and teal. 

@stevieb  You are right about pattern placement.  Makes a huge difference sometimes with Patricia Nash. 

Keep looking at the VB Happy Blooms travel bag, but just too soon to get up and go yet. Hot discussion at the beauty salon (well, really it is Great Clips for me since my hair needs such little attention). The poor gals said their masks fills up with stray hairs and it is itchy and uncomfortable.  A lot of them now wear the shields. 

Large Travel Duffel Bag-Happy Blooms-Image 1-Vera Bradley

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

Sorry I am so slow in responding to your post, but again, it's been a busy start of the week again at the clinic. Woman Frustrated

I've been so fatigued to do much of anything. 

I understand the flip flop of Macy's an all stores with that pricing game. That is why I wish I could go to an actual store and see for myself what things cost and look like and feel like. In the "old" days when a price dropped, it stayed dropped, not go up again and again. Then down and back up. 

You did good well on this purchase though. Enjoy~~ Let's hope you can take her out for a stroll.