Respected Contributor

Re: Bag-ettes... The Beat Goes On...

@hicindy2 

That walk in tub would be nice, but would not work here. Plus we checked into them quite a few years ago and they are quite spendy. I'll just have to live with my shower. Although my shower does have a built in seat, it's not the same as sitting in a tub. Oh well. I can't have everything.

I'll tell you, I am not fond of bottled water. I am drinking flavored water a  lot right now which is good since I am suppose to drink 100oz a day. Like that is going to happen. I am no a huge lover of water. I am hoping the water cooler will help me with drinking more. We won't have to lift on the 5 gallon jugs, thank God! Culligan will deliver and set them up for us. I couldn't lift on those or my DH.If that was the case I would have declined. I am sure there are a lot of young people who can, but not us old people..lol. Our son use to work at a bank and he always had to haul the 5 gallon jugs in and he said, mom, no way could your or dad do it.. I believe him. I couldn't even lift one case of bottled water. I like my strawberry/grape bottled water.. 10oz..That I can still handle...LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Leeny 

I'm stuck on the part where you can't get in and out of a tub since your knee replacement.  A knee replacement is supposed to give you back the ability to do most of the things you weren't able to do before the surgery.  My TKR was 14 years ago, and if I had lost my ability to get in and out of the tub I would have wanted my money back! Were there extenuating circumstances, or am I being too nosy?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Pecky  Did you end up getting the PN Tropical Dreams tote from the Macy's sale ??

@hicindy2   No, I didn't but I did order this one from HSN at a Smart Deal special.  The print is beautiful. 

Patricia Nash Luzille Convertible Backpack

Esteemed Contributor

@Pecky  Enjoy !!  I'll be tracking the Carmini for a sale price. 

Carmini Sling Crossbody - Patina Coated Linen Canvas Tropical Dreams

Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags 

I will just say I don't have the strength in my muscles to help get me in an out at this stage of my life. I've tried to do it a few times and it was very difficult for me to get out. I think that covers it. It's not that it would hurt my knee, I just don't have the strength.

Honored Contributor

@Leeny  For a light blue bag you might want to check out A394637. Pretty color but, as usual, the QVC shipping is ridiculous. If you like it, wait for a free shipping day or look for it somewhere else.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

This one's not for me and HSN hasn't priced it to move but think this Nash straw clutch is neat...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@shoesnbags 

I will just say I don't have the strength in my muscles to help get me in an out at this stage of my life. I've tried to do it a few times and it was very difficult for me to get out. I think that covers it. It's not that it would hurt my knee, I just don't have the strength.

@Leeny 

Thanks so much for answering my nervy question!  I kind of feel that we TKR folks are a club of sorts, and take an interest in how everyone does with their new knee.  Personally, I had a very painful time post surgery and a miserable experience with physical therapy (also very painful).  But I guess it was worth it because the knee serves me well now. 

Pre COVID I used a gym to keep everything moving, but of course that had to stop.  I bought a stationary bike after everything shut down and I pedal while I watch TV.  Just got word that my gym is raising fees as of June, so I'm thinking of adding a treadmill at home and dropping the gym entirely.  I think it was really dumb of them to raise rates at this time, when people have gotten out of the habit of going and have found other alternatives.  They should be concentrating on keeping members, not antagonizing them.  But nobody asked me, ha ha.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Awww...Radley (across the Pond) has a new print:  Park Life

So, never say "never".  I always say that I am DONE with QVC and now I bought the LUG TSV and a dual Josie Maran body cream in Pineapple. 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

I just looked at the number you gave me and there is no blue bag Woman Sad It must have sold out quickly or they one left to sell? 

If you see any light blue bags in satchel form, give me a heads up. Woman Wink