Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bag-ettes... The Beat Goes On...

[ Edited ]

Back to reality:  Vera Bradley has a new pattern Hummingbird Park

Vera Tote Bag: Shop now

Hummingbird Park

So they overnighted the PC board for the tankless water heater and the guy came bright and early (nice local company).  And another part failed and now it will go into next week with no hot water.  Can't run the dishwasher either since it draws on hot water line, so I am heating water on the stove.  I can run the washing machine on the cold setting. I am beyond upset and beyond warranty.  Tankless heaters are super expensive, so we will fix this one and order a different brand in a year or so.  You can't have a walk in tub with a conventional water heater. Right now I am screaming into a pillow...the clubhouse (with nice hot showers) is still closed although we've paid all year and the sports clubs can't open their showers yet.  May take advantage of the neighbors invite. 

Honored Contributor

@Leeny  I'm sitting out the four bill Coach too... Personally, I think Coach is pricing themselves out of the mid-range bag market and the brand isn't exclusive enough to try to position themselves as high end... That said, they seem to be a little like QVC's Gili in that they release bags for top dollar but very quickly mark them down and, in Coach's case, often send them to the outlets... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Leeny  Glad lunch went nicely. There's a little place near me that is off the beaten path and seems to be doing a brisk carry out business but might be a good place to try for lunch in a few weeks as it doesn't appear to be drawing big crowds these days. As for me, I'm hanging in there. I need to get on the stick about getting going on so many things, but today isn't the day. It's been dreary and muggy all day. Heavy rain this morning and it looks like a thunderstorm might be brewing. It's only in the low 60's but with the humidity, I'd really like to have access to air conditioning and I think a battle is brewing among some of the unit owners here and management, who seem to think they don't answer to us. I was having some allergy symptoms last night and took Benadryl, so at least I slept reasonably well. I fixed a small breakfast at about noon and dinner will probably be a sandwich.

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2  What a pain in the azz about the water heater... The goal is, of course, to force customers into having to buy a new one... And really, it's time for some of these restrictions to be shoved where the sun don't shine. I was hearing about how our pool will be open this year... but only for lap swimming, no use of the deck... Ridiculous... Go to your neighbors... Why not...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oooh @hicindy2   I'm sorry about the water situation at your house.  I've often wondered about those tankless water heaters.  Well I don't have to wonder any more (I have a regular old tub/shower setup).  Take your neighbor up on the offer.  A nice shower or bath  might help relieve some stress.  You know you would do it for your neighbor if the shoe was on the other foot.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Went for the LUG TSV in the black.  Looked like a fun run around bag with room for hand sani, dreaded masks, and no worries.  Plus in the summer, you fret about sunscreen smears and margarita spill overs. Not in the mood for a "serious" bag. 

Lug RFID Medium Crossbody with Wallet - Ranger and Rodeo 2

@Bird mama  I know...need to be less of an independent control freak. My shoulders are touching my ears right now. I have friends that would have MOVED IN with me if their hot water went out. I'll do the polite thing and bring food and alcohol over in exchange for a nice hot shower. Well worth it 

Ruff - Cranky Cat Collection™ by Cindy Schmidt

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2  I thought about it in red, but decided I'd just be buying to be buying, as I'm just not a Lug person. I do have my eye on a few things but waiting for another Macy's markdown. And if I'm smart, I'll pass it buy when they offer one.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@hicindy2  So I've been very clear that I think Coach overdoes their logo bags, but ooooh, that satchel... Details please... Where (all at Bloomies)... How much... I love the ivory and the blue isn't bad either... Not feeling the black one...

@hicindy2  Assuming the one I called black is actually midnight and hence navy. Liking it better upon looking more carefully, but still a no go...

Honored Contributor

Sort of liking this low cost straw bag from Steve Madden.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

My days of laying out big bucks for handbags are kaput. I either wait for a really good sale at the outlets or at Macy's or my use to go to store was TJ's I guess I am getting more tight with the buck. Like you said, they come out with new at the higher price and in no time they are either selling on a good sale or clearance. I've got so many bags that have so much life in them yet and I still keep yearning for something else at times. EX: The Rogue. Not the 25 that is too small for me. That bag I swear haunts me. lol. I will not buy it at the extravagant price it is at now. Maybe, just maybe it will head to the outlet again someday.