Respected Contributor

Re: Bag-ettes... The Beat Goes On...

Well, I've rambled enough for one night. PLUS I am talking to myself, again.

Where is everyone? Something must be going on that I have no clue about... TTYAL.

Esteemed Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@hicindy2 

Your "Ping" friend is too funny. Does she ever sleep? lol.

@hicindy2 wrote:

"Ping" went the cell phone from Brahmin Super fan: 

Carla (I like this one) 

Carla Green Velocity Front

Petra II (She likes this one) 

@Leeny No, she is a little bird up chirping first thing in the morning.  Plus it is Brahmin's fault for sending marketing emails at 8AM Eastern time. I am a Night Owl and don't "do" mornings if I don't have to. Here's the family group photo: 

Paperproducts Design Beverage Napkin, Vicki Sawyer, Big Hat Night

Plus I am all mad about Daylight Saving time and missing that precious hour. Every year I have hope that we don't have to do it anymore and then we do. So, it is the big clock, the thermostat, the oven and the microwave clocks, and an old fashioned alarm clock, and 2 watches, and one clock in an older car.  I'll get over it; plus I had a big glass of wine tonight to drown my sorrows. All that clock setting makes me thirsty. Mr. HC also said that I managed to change the temperature down to 62 degrees when I did the thermostat and we had to go find the instruction book in the junk drawer. I should have had the wine later perhaps...

Respected Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@stevieb @hicindy2 @Pecky @Bird mama @Leeny @handygal2 @EdithEllenLily & all

My consignment buddy @EdithEllenLily knows I had been consigning handbags the last few years. In our area, since the pandemic, stores have been closed and the few open aren't getting much traffic. Plus I am avoiding as much contact with others as possible, so going into a consignment store and discussing with a store associate was not appealing.

Consignment had been working like this (in my luxury store):

The bag would be offered at 50% off price and I would get 50% of that. After a month, the price drops until it sells.

So, it was never a lot, but when I could easily go in, it was spending money.

Mentioning this because today I put together more than 20 handbags, never used or used once, including Coach, Brahmin, Dooney, Nash, Anuschka. I am sending them to my sister—who has agree to be my benevolent Mrs. Santa. She lives in a largely rural county. She knows, works with, lives near, volunteers with women who would love to choose a fabulous new bag. All just given.

Many bags were ones I loved. Yet, they lingered in my closet.

My test became: have I even used this bag for the last couple of years? The pile grew.

As @stevieb has pointed out, our styles change. Our ways of using bags changes.

I feel great about this.

Bravo, @1Professor  ! What a blessing for you the giver, the receivers, and your sister.👜💕🙌🏻

Respected Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@1Professor  That's great. The lucky recipients will be so excited Heart Keep your Olive Brahmin though OK ?? @stevieb and I really admire that bag your friend gifted you.

Was it this one in Chive??

My favorite is "Dress for Success" in Sacramento.  They should be cranking it up pretty soon for drop off donations. When I worked in S.F. I gave them suits etc. Now it is accessories since my wardrobe is now all casual. We were available to do mock interviews too and resume preparation in the City. 

CLOTHING ACCEPTED

@hicindy2 @1Professor What a stunning Brahmin!😍👜

Respected Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

Carla (I like this one) 

I'm with you, @hicindy2 : Team Carla 💯👜💕

Respected Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

I remember the frenzy when Lisa R introduced GILI.  I never bought one, but many did and collected them. 

@hicindy2 @1Professor  I purchased, and promptly returned, one GILI bag. They just didn't grab me. 👜😐

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leeny wrote:

@stevieb 

How could you forget the almighty Rogue? lol. I do know where you are coming from though. There are things I've missed out in the past because of my hemming and hawing and leaving things I shouldn't have. Do you remember Christina bags? I left one of those at TJ's years ago that I still regret leaving. 

I went and picked up my unsold items today at the Consignment shop. 2 very heavy bags I have sitting on my spare bedroom bed. UGH!

I have one Coach and one Amy K. bag and wallet and a Lotis tote and some other bags I haven't taken the time to look at them closely. I think there is a Radley wallet, in fact a lot of wallets.  sigh...

I keep thinking, I hope TJ's is better the next time I get the gumption to go. 

@stevieb wrote:

@Leeny  As far as the one that got away, I'd actually forgotten the Rogue... So I guess there are three that will be haunting me for eternity... The biggest fail was actually a satchel I'd seen at TJ Maxx years ago and in a fit of virtue put back... The second is a similar situation, also at TJ Maxx and a Patricia Nash bag, and then there's the Rogue... If forced to choose, it's actually the first one that is truly THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY...

Woman Mad

@Leeny  The one that got away was kind of unique and a coveted color... So stupid and the minute I put it back someone came along and grabbed it... I started to follow her and take it out her cart... I sort of wish I had done so... Nope, don't remember Christina bags... As for me, I still haven't been to the Maxx or any of the other stores... Some stores seem to be well stocked but I've heard you and others say the pickings are slim... They surely are on the websites for both Maxx and Marshall's... Good luck to you in storing or unloading the things retrieved from the consignment shop. I still think that if you can hold onto them, there might be better days ahead for listing them again... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2 wrote:

@Leeny wrote:

@hicindy2 

Your "Ping" friend is too funny. Does she ever sleep? lol.

@hicindy2 wrote:

Carla (I like this one) 

@Leeny No, she is a little bird up chirping first thing in the morning.  Plus it is Brahmin's fault for sending marketing emails at 8AM Eastern time. I am a Night Owl and don't "do" mornings if I don't have to. Here's the family group photo: 

Paperproducts Design Beverage Napkin, Vicki Sawyer, Big Hat Night

Plus I am all mad about Daylight Saving time and missing that precious hour. Every year I have hope that we don't have to do it anymore and then we do. So, it is the big clock, the thermostat, the oven and the microwave clocks, and an old fashioned alarm clock, and 2 watches, and one clock in an older car.  I'll get over it; plus I had a big glass of wine tonight to drown my sorrows. All that clock setting makes me thirsty. Mr. HC also said that I managed to change the temperature down to 62 degrees when I did the thermostat and we had to go find the instruction book in the junk drawer. I should have had the wine later perhaps...

@hicindy2  Cool owls... I am so in tune with you on putting a stop to this twice a year idiocy of creating fake time and then undoing it... I hate it... I don't need an extra hour of sunlight and it absolutely pizzes me off to have to run through the house setting clocks and appliances and then, just a few short months later, doing it all over again... Pick a dam time and stick with it... I'd prefer standard time, which is real time... And no, to be perfectly blunt, I don't give a rat's backside about the kiddies having to wait for the bus in the dark... They're lucky to have a bus... Half of them live close enough to walk in the first place and it would do them good... And no, sorry, really don't care if folks have an extra hour on the golf course or not... As far as I'm concerned, they can all just get over it... Oh, and PS, I don't like either of the Brahmins, and no, although it might sound like it, I'm not in a snit... Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wish the price on this Coach Ergo tote (Dillard's) was reasonable.  Suddenly, I have a "thing" for green. Well, at least it is not my usual gray/black. Coach is trending toward more bling and I like the simplicity of this. 

Color:Green/Brass - Image 1 - Original Ergo Leather Shoulder Bag

They have a smaller H.C. version too

Color:Azure/Brass - Image 4 - Origin Ergo Leather Shoulder Bag

Early access on Coach Outlet for the canvas: don't care for the branding. 

One day only! Coach Insiders get a head start on shopping our new canvas styles, available exclusively online.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dillard's is always the top tier for Brahmin: look at this interesting Caroline. Super fan Brahmin neighbor "pinged" my cell phone twice on this cutieHeart

Color:Multi - Image 4 - Tybee Collection Caroline Straw Satchel Bag